Betta Fish Forum banner

Which Type of Betta?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Hallyx 
#1 ·
I am going to ne having a open tank soon. So what kind of Betta should I get, I am not going through Aquabid so it is between Petsmart and Petco. Petsmart has dragons while right now Petco has some nice multis. I am kind of stuck on what to do. I am leaning towards a dragon since Petsmarts prices are WAY cheaper then Petco. So what do you gals/gals think.

#3 ·
The reason why I am in a rut is because most of the dragons are plakats, not that I don't have a problem with plakats, I love them because the filter doesn't really bother them, but HMs are so good looking. I may check it out Petsmart to see if they have any halfmoon.

#4 ·
In my area Petco has the best selection of bettas, but their priced higher :'(
I say run into a PetsMart on their fish delivery day and nab the prettiest one.
Oh yeah....get a crowntail ;)
Double tails are nice too

#5 ·
Meh I like the look of plakats and halfmoons. At Petco they have some nice flarey CTs, they just look so wild though. I have a female CT that has long fins so, I am looking for something different.

When is Petsmart's fish delivery day? I may have to check it out before I go buy one, since the tank right now is occupied by a girl that will be going in the sorority.

#7 ·
I think a ton of people know what day it is, but I guess I can always go check and also see what kind of dragons they carry... I wonder if Petco still has the yello brother of the gal I have in the sorority, it would be funny to have siblings again. The gal that is yellow is in my avatar, she is the smallest one (She isn't the one on the far left).

#10 ·
I would support whatever store takes better care of their fish. Don't want a sick betta (unless it's a rescue). Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.