Betta Fish Forum banner

how do i stop it!?!

8K views 171 replies 16 participants last post by  betta lover1507 
#1 ·
okay watching "Rio" (bird movie) i got interested in birds, i was like "I will get over it in a couple days :roll: no beggie". and my little brother got super interested in it. i got over birds and moved on, my little brother will blast his xbox (xbox add-on from youtube) of Rio music and lot's of stuff about birds, am like :frustrated: "make it stop, it isn't helping!!". so that went on for a few days, now he stopped. all i could think about is birds :lol: kinda scares me. and i just caught myself in a thread about birds, and suddenly learning about birds :shock: now i know lot's of stuff about cockatiel's :blueshake: omg how do i end this maddness?!? it is not that am okay with one, i have my adorable "Pursey" my snake to take care of, and no way will my parents allow this :lol: i've gone mad!! and staying off this forum (for 5 days) did not help :-x anyone know how to get over it!!

#63 ·
awws you get your birdies :) as for the money part I wouldn't worry to much. as my brother says "they always make more" lol

#69 ·
am not sure lol, i just liked the named jewel XD i was thinking nero but am not sure about, it doesn't really "fit"
i have been liking birds since age 10 :I and now i started liking them more cause the movie :p i just don't like pigeons -.- creepy thangs

#71 ·
lol Their just birds. When I was in Amsterdam there was a park where if you went in there with food they's all land on you and try to eat it. I hear their feet are warm

#73 ·
am going to pick them up today, excited :) but i have to wait until my mom comes home :( she comes home around 5 or 6, she said she'll try to come out early. i was gonna post the pics that the seller shown us, but my mom took her phone with her at a store last night, and i totally forgot about it. i'll get pics when i get them home :) still thinking a name for the male :I

#79 ·
Alright well definitely take your time with those. It'll take a bit of time to hand train them to the point of cuddles but hopefully you get them to that point

#80 ·
I don't know if this applies to cockateils, but I read that larger parrots, if kept in male/female pairs can be harder to bond with cause they have each other.
They are super cute though.. I'm guessing the boy is the brighter one?
It'd be kind of funny if they surprised you with eggs.. You promised not to breed fish and end up with baby birds xD

#81 ·
I was a bit concerned with that myself when you said pair. And yeah the whole bonding thing with the other bird is kinda true. Cockatiels are touchy, it might take a while to get them friendly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.