Personally, I would be afraid of an infection or something breaking out and needing to deal with isolating / treating all the fish separately. Don't get me wrong, that sounds so awesome, but disease would be my main concern. With multiple tanks you wouldn't really have a problem on that large of a scale.
- Jolly Roger, halfmoon betta boy & ivory snail, bronze and sterbai corydoras catfish, neon tetras (15gal)
- Wanda, pale yellow veiltail betta female (5gal)
- Benedict, multicolored halfmoon plakat (3gal)
- Sparky, questionable tail type and gender (2.5gal)
- Neon, tiny betta baby (1gal)
- Marsha, multicolored female veiltail, and Capt. Morgan, multicolored dumbo plakat (div. 20gal)
- 10g community tank with a ton of balloon mollies
+ cats, gerbils, rats, geckos, snakes, a frog, and a dog.