*pics* Just rescued a wallmart fish who isn't a betta - Page 3 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Member
 
Creat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,157
ha ha I have one I love her more power to you! you will notice they will start to come out in the day oh and if you have sand they will burry and dig holes and tunnels. Love dragon goby's (its what I know em by) and yeah I had a king betta with her and they did fine, she lives with puffers now and is very peaceful I have found. And they can live in freshwater however they live longer and change to more brilliant colors in brackish they also grow larger in brackish.


Blog of my Betta endeavors: http://moonshinesbubblenest.blogspot.com/

Take care of the water,
the fish will follow

Creat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Member
 
Luimeril's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,309
that's one epic fish! pretty scary, and VERY dragon-like. :d sweet find!
Luimeril is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,651
Were there any white ones, btw? Id only ever seen white til yours! :O

Oh, and that girl happened. She's just a fool and didnt care or take ten seconds out of her day to learn even what it ate. Ugh.

Not to mention the poor creature was in a tank that a very dead for a while lizard had been in, without really being cleaned. People make me mad D;
PewPewPew is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Were there any white ones, btw? Id only ever seen white til yours! :O

Oh, and that girl happened. She's just a fool and didnt care or take ten seconds out of her day to learn even what it ate. Ugh.

Not to mention the poor creature was in a tank that a very dead for a while lizard had been in, without really being cleaned. People make me mad D;

I've never seen a white one, sounds like it would look pretty cool.
was it like this? or like pure white?



@Creat I added some sand the other day for him so it would be easier for him to eat and nicer to his belly :D

Elrohir the plakat

Galah cockatoo & African Grey
copperarabian is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Member
 
Creat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,157
I am a sand fanatic its not good to my wallet I hope he loves it I think these guys are some of my favorite odd ball fish to keep


Blog of my Betta endeavors: http://moonshinesbubblenest.blogspot.com/

Take care of the water,
the fish will follow

Creat is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I am a sand fanatic its not good to my wallet I hope he loves it I think these guys are some of my favorite odd ball fish to keep

at one of the LPS they sell sand for either fresh or salt water in bulk for 40 cents a pound, so I bought like 6 pounds for really cheap. all the other LPT and petco only carried live sand.... He does this funny thing where he wags the back half of his body and digs in a little XD

Elrohir the plakat

Galah cockatoo & African Grey
copperarabian is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,651
Both that I saw were pure, snow white! :O
PewPewPew is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:22 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
We are completely new to betta care. I've read as much as I can from several sites about care & feeding. Some reccommend NOT moving your betta from tank to tank with a net because it tears their fins. How should I move him?
From what I've seen, I think he's developed fish rot and we're trying to take care of that but I was suprised that Petco doesn't have any fish medications, so that leaves just WalMart, which of course is run by kids who have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyway- back on topic- how do I catch him to move him?
Thanks
sayitaintso is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Member
 
Creat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,157
Sayitaintso I suggest making a new thread small button in the top left corner

and I wish my sad was that cheap! Sheesh its like $27 for a bag for a ten gallon tank. And yeah they are super cute when they dig out a spot. Mine makes little caves to hide in as long as their is a rock or something above her.


Blog of my Betta endeavors: http://moonshinesbubblenest.blogspot.com/

Take care of the water,
the fish will follow

Creat is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitaintso View Post
We are completely new to betta care. I've read as much as I can from several sites about care & feeding. Some reccommend NOT moving your betta from tank to tank with a net because it tears their fins. How should I move him?
From what I've seen, I think he's developed fish rot and we're trying to take care of that but I was suprised that Petco doesn't have any fish medications, so that leaves just WalMart, which of course is run by kids who have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyway- back on topic- how do I catch him to move him?
Thanks
I catch them with my hand

Elrohir the plakat

Galah cockatoo & African Grey
copperarabian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome