I have neon tetras in with my betta, and they're a lot of fun! I got lucky and had two males in a row that were super peaceful with their tankmates. As long as you have a pretty passive betta, neons are awesome. You have to get at least five of them, and they like to move, so you need at least a 15 gallon to keep them.
- Jolly Roger, halfmoon betta boy & ivory snail, bronze and sterbai corydoras catfish, neon tetras (15gal)
- Wanda, pale yellow veiltail betta female (5gal)
- Benedict, multicolored halfmoon plakat (3gal)
- Sparky, questionable tail type and gender (2.5gal)
- Neon, tiny betta baby (1gal)
- Marsha, multicolored female veiltail, and Capt. Morgan, multicolored dumbo plakat (div. 20gal)
- 10g community tank with a ton of balloon mollies
+ cats, gerbils, rats, geckos, snakes, a frog, and a dog.