Betta Fish Forum banner

10 gal.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bankruptjojo 
#1 ·
What (and how much) can I put with my male betta in a 10 gal. tank (fish and other)?
He is bright and is a crowntail

#2 ·
8 Ember tetras
8 ruby tetras
8 Pygmy cories (sand needed)
8 habrosus cories (sand needed)
8 hastatus cories (sand needed)
8 boraras brigittae
8 boraras maculatus
8 boraras merah
8 boraras naevus
6-7 endlers
4 platies
But before you get any fish you would need to properly cycle your tank first (nitrogen cycle)

#4 ·
You may want to take him out, then add the new fish then put him back in. Some betta are mean if you put in tank mates in what is their territory.
I'd recommend checking your hardness and pH at a petstore, then you will be able to decide what kind of fish will do best in your water.. Improper pH and hardness shortens lifespan and makes colourful fish seem dull.

#6 ·
take him out the tank for as long as you can (a full day and night would be good). you can also move stuff around. every betta i had and put fish in after him he attacked, but fish then him and had about 80% sucess rate. not all bettas will allow you to put other fish with them. i like corys i keep mine with soft river rock and there whiskers are fine. shrimp (cherry, ghost), apple snails, neon tetras would be good there easy on bio load id say 10 would be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.