Betta Fish Forum banner

I will draw/paint/sketch your betta

2K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  betta lover1507 
#1 ·
i have colored pencils, oil pastels, paint, and a sketch pencil, gimme ur pics and will make magic ;)

#11 ·
it worries me that lacey is fatter than kristie, and kristie is slightly bigger than her, i think she just a chubby girl ;p but thanks, don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect
this is my first drawing for someone on the forum (PC made):

and here is my latest:

though the quality is bad so here is another:

#13 ·
thanks, but am not the best in the forum. someone called smellsfishie, she has the BEST art of betta's i ever saw. it looks like she printed it out o-o
and remember the saying "Practice makes perfect" ;p am horrible at color blending though
my goodness i just noticed i put "Pod" instead of "Pog" o-0 so sorry

#16 ·
All bettas have a basic shape:

And then from there you can add fins based on tail type, I've chosen a Veil Tail

Then you add the fin just behind the gill

Don't forget the ventral fins (I used to forget them)

And then the eye

That is your average Betta, then from there you can do detail work with scales color and physical uniqueness.

#18 ·
I wasn't doing your fish I was just following up with betta lovers post that you don't really need to do measurements to draw fish. They all have the same basic shape and once you learn that bettas will become rather easy to draw for you.

#19 ·
but u offered 2 do my fish and u alreadyy did, idk i was on alot of posts you my have or may not

I prefer to take measurements so i can get the basic shape. and goot poportional ratios

i dont measure EVERYTHING, i measure things like tail length, body length, fin length, head length, and body width

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.