Betta Fish Forum banner

Schooling fish

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  kfryman 
#1 ·
I have a 15 gallon tank, that is a sorority and densely planted. Since it is filled with bettas the water movement is not all that great. I would like it to circulated better but I have no way to do it, suggestions on that is also welcome.

So the point, a small schooling fish that does good in fairly neutral, around 7.4-7.6 with softer water. The water is not circulated very well, need to find a solution, so a fish that cam do fine in low oxygen.

#3 ·
Aren't cherry barbs mainly sub tropical fish? Which means they can survive at tropical temperatures but there lifespans would we shortened and they would've more succeptable to diseases. Similar to a guppies situation.

With 5 bettas in a properly cycled, filtered, densely planted tank I think that you could only add a small 6-8 school of smaller fish such as neons or cardinals. Have you thought about ember, neon, cardinal, tetras, or glo light , harlequin, and scissor tail rasboras

#5 ·
Yeah. You do have a point, lots of Corydoras lifespans are shortened by how they are typically kept. In higher temperatures, I just thought that it would be greatly reduced as they are mainly sub tropical fish, while Corydoras are temperate fish

#7 ·
Did it go like fish _ _ _ _ _ _ . Net, of so then I understand, there are quite a few members on what website that are very strict when it comes to temperatures that fish should be kept in. I always thought the long term effects were minimal for certain Corydoras while they were more severe with cherry barbs,

and if it was that forum, I got flamed for saying that cherry barbs are schooling fish and for best results, you should have a group of 6+

#14 ·
So no to Cherry barbs? I do like them!

I sans stay away from tetras that are super inbred, I read they often die within a year from Tetra disease is it?

I wouldn't be able to do cories as I have gravel and I refuse to have them in anything but sand.

#16 ·
Awesome!, I will look into getting some. Hopefully find some females also. Shouldn't they ne kept in a ratio? I thought I heard that somewhere, correct me if I am wrong though.

I would get rummynoses but they probably enjoy more current then what the tank has to offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.