Betta Fish Forum banner

Longish fined female?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Pataflafla 
#1 ·
:-? so i just got my female betta, im sure it is a female because I found the egg spot, and she has long flowing fins, this confuses me they usually have very short stiff fins, can anyone tell me the breed maybe? :-?

#6 ·
I agree. Those are some REALLY long fins for a female, plus he sounds young based on his size :)
Another thing you can do is put a mirror up to the tank and see what he looks like when flaring. A male will have a "beard" under him where as a female will not.
http://0.tqn.com/d/freshaquarium/1/0/r/0/1/BettaFlare1.jpg

#9 ·
Its a girl.

Long fins... well they're long finned fish.

Body shape and gill plates scream female.

#13 ·
I've got a girl that I was convinced was a male with an egg spot for months. Up until a month ago I was still convinced until I saw her drop eggs. I named her Ping from Mulan simply because I didn't know if she would turn out to be a boy or girl.

She's got long flowing fins too. They were almost as long as my male veil tail's fins before she got beat up in the sorority since the other girls were jerks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.