Betta Fish Forum banner

My Crazy Rescue Dog

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is one of my problem children his name is Kaz. Also refered to as Kaz Kaz, Derp, Herp Derp, Dumb Dog, and Squishy Face. Boxer staffy mix of some sort. He was rescued from the kill list of a shelter after he had a bite record. He was left in a apartment garage for the first 1 1/2 of his life. He is fear aggressive but he has come so far. From a fat dog who growled at me when I got the end of a 10 foot piece of rope to a very well muscled loved boy. Oh did I mention he was unfixed when I got him lol those came off quick lol. He has no problem sharing a food bowl with kids or dogs, he will retreat from any fight now and he is working on becoming a service dog. He has a horrible prey drive and will snap at running horses and then run away before they kick lol he will never learn. He also likes swimming but he is so muscled he starts drowning and I have to go get him all the time and he jumps back in. Silly animal. He always is either super happy or in a state of confusion.

Vertebrate Mammal Dog Canidae Dog breed

Here he is trying to smash his face with a hammer... no one ever accused him of brilliance.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Sporting Group

Dog Canidae Dog breed Sporting Group Tire

He dosent like sleeping alone or being woke up lol. That white thing is his pillow pal he wont sleep without it :)

Canidae Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

He is also part rabbit XD

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

He got stuck in a box lol

Canidae Dog Dog breed Border collie Carnivore

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow...he is awesome! Great pics too lol. One of my rescues is still fear aggressive, people and dogs. She is getting a little better, but was so traumatized by abuse, I'm not sure she'll ever trust completely...even after a year she cowers if I pick up my broom to sweep etc. She is a love big though..good dog.

#6 ·
I like to tgink Kaz isnt smart enough to dwell on his past he sometimes will show it and will back himself into a corner and growl. All I have to do is say "stupid dog whatcha doin" and he gets this confused look and goes back to sleeping.

And he thanks you lol.

#14 ·
Awww how cute :)
Staffs are fun! I have an APBT and an APBT/staffy mix..
My grandma also has a boxer full of energy :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.