4 beautiful pics - which one? - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
View Poll Results: Which pic?
#1 19 22.35%
#2 53 62.35%
#3 11 12.94%
#4 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Alex09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,364
4 beautiful pics - which one?

Help me decide which picture to enter in the contest! This will be my first time entering... Please vote on the poll at the top.

Pic 1


Pic 2


Pic 3


Pic 4
Alex09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Member
 
doggyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the middle of no where (PA)
Posts: 5,072
Second one!!

"Whoever said fish were low maintenance obviously never owned fish"
doggyhog is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Member
 
BlakbirdxGyarados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Currently based in NJ
Posts: 927
How is it that almost everyone gets such clear, bright, beautiful pictures of their betta?
I should probably know, since I'm a photographer, but my pair don't ever stop moving and he water throws my camera off. |D

BlakbirdxGyarados is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Alex09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
How is it that almost everyone gets such clear, bright, beautiful pictures of their betta?
I should probably know, since I'm a photographer, but my pair don't ever stop moving and he water throws my camera off. |D
Have you tried the macro/flower setting? My digital camera doesnt have a macro option but it does have a "flower" option which is essentially the same thing. I have about a 60-70% chance of success. Otherwise it doesn't focus properly and comes out blurry.
Alex09 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Member
 
Abby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lismore, NSW
Posts: 2,487
LOL i can take 100 pics and only get one or two good shots

Female Bettas:Gaia,Bubbles,Tabitha, Rani, Kelsey, 4 unnamed Male Bettas:Oscar, Spyro, Cookie Monster, Kermit The Frog, Grover II, Alvin, Archillies, Moostash
Snails: Yoshi,Peach,Lugi,Mario
Others:Quismodo, Esmerelda, Lavern, Banch(<Guppies) 2 unnamed bristle noses, 2 unnamed reticulate "yoyo" loaches
Furbabies: Kobi & Beau
M F S ˙ʇƨσן ǝƨσɥʇ σʇ ǝɔɐǝԀ ʋƖ ʇƨǝᴚ
"Can never have too many fish"
Abby is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Alex09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,364
Also make sure that the lens of the camera is CLEAN and free of dust, fingerprints, etc. I found that it is very important when it comes to taking clear detailed pictures. I personally use a microfiber cloth to do this.
Alex09 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
TFK Moderator
 
SeaHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 650
Try this... take the pic at night, turn off all the lights except the tank light. put your camera lens against the glass or just the space of your baby finger and wait for him to come into view. Usually mine come right to see what I'm doing. I get great pics that way and I use a point and shoot, with auto focus. zoom a bit too to get the right look and set your focus. good luck.
No flash too.

Every kid, regardless of what they are going through, is ONE caring adult away from being a success story. ~ Josh Shipp, Teen Behavior Expert
SeaHorse is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Member
 
shinybetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,112
#2! I love his eyes!

I only have 1 betta left, but he's a cool blue marble!
皆さん、こんにちは!私は一匹のベタを飼っています。
shinybetta is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Member
 
BlakbirdxGyarados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Currently based in NJ
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Have you tried the macro/flower setting? My digital camera doesnt have a macro option but it does have a "flower" option which is essentially the same thing. I have about a 60-70% chance of success. Otherwise it doesn't focus properly and comes out blurry.
I do use macro, and I added on the 8-shots-per-second option with it. Usually it just focuses on the glass or a random speck in the water, and not the betta fish. |D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
LOL i can take 100 pics and only get one or two good shots
Ditto... I have a ton, but only very few good ones. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Also make sure that the lens of the camera is CLEAN and free of dust, fingerprints, etc. I found that it is very important when it comes to taking clear detailed pictures. I personally use a microfiber cloth to do this.
I also use a microfiber cloth.... I can't stand dirty lenses. D: adsfjsalgh
But I also haven't really used my camera much/haven't looked at the lens so it may be a bit smudged. (I did accidently get a tree frog to land on it a little while back.. I probably didn't clean it so well. |D )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
Try this... take the pic at night, turn off all the lights except the tank light. put your camera lens against the glass or just the space of your baby finger and wait for him to come into view. Usually mine come right to see what I'm doing. I get great pics that way and I use a point and shoot, with auto focus. zoom a bit too to get the right look and set your focus. good luck.
No flash too.
Thanks, I'll try that. It'd be nice to get some different pictures, especially now that I have a new tank, too.
My female Leliia didn't have a light in her temporary tank way back when... well, I used a flashlight, but I don't think that counts. xP
(and I think flash would kill the picture... reflect off the glass, y'know?)


SO MANY QUOTES
I'm sorry if I just spammed this page. xD;


Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 03-04-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: misspelled word
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Alex09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,364
I got what I needed lol. #2 it is!
Alex09 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome