Betta Fish Forum banner

Greetings from Indiana

961 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone. My name is Layni and I am new to fish keeping in general. I chose to go with bettas because I have heard they are incredibly hardy and forgiving fish. Well... unknowingly I was about to kill them before I found this forum. 60 degree water, no heater, tiny bowls, no filters. A few hundred dollars later and each betta is swimming happily in their own three gallon tanks with heaters, live plants and nice filters that I baffled. I also have two platies that are in with one of my bettas and they all love to circle around each other, but the betta has been good. Barely flares at them at all now that he's gotten used to them.

This hobby is incredibly addicting and I love watching the fish swim around their tanks. They are so beautiful and just make my day when I come up and they follow my finger. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to some of the other wonderful keepers around here.

#2 ·
Hi Layni! Welcome to the forum! I know how it is at the start when we know nothing about these guys. I'm so happy that you were able to learn about them and get them set up so nicely. Enjoy your stay with us! And the addiction is so real lol...I started in June and have 6 now!

#4 ·
Hi Layni (pretty name)

Welcome to the forum :wave: I'm glad you're enjoying your fish buddys. I've got six myself and would have 6 more if I had room for all of those tanks :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.