Betta Fish Forum banner

Under tank heaters and lamp dimmers

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  sareena79 
#1 ·
#3 ·
hmm temp gun? I was going to get a digital probe thermometer...

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: also do you know if an 8watt UTH is enough for a 20 gallon long?

#4 ·
temp guns are always good to spot check. The can be useful for measuring temps of different areas of the enclosure very quickly if anything does go wrong. Quick check the bottom of the tank, quick check the cool side, check the animal's skin itself. It's very useful and always good to have an extra source of accuracy to check against your thermometer!

#5 ·
also do you know if an 8watt UTH is enough for a 20 gallon long?
I was wondering something similar, I have a 2gal uncycled tank and was thinking of purchasing a 9w under tank heater (nor submerged) will that be too hot for my tank or too weak? there is a small layer of marbles on the bottom (bout 1.5 inch or less) and I was going to wrap the heater in a towel to protect the glass from over-heating as well as my counter. I have a thermometer on order so I can moniter temp

#11 ·
For a 2 gallon there are some pretty cheap mini heaters that Marina makes. If you don't mind spending more money, a 25w adjustable heater should be fine. Many people recommend the Hydor Theo heater. It's only 7 inches long, so Good for smaller tanks...

#14 · (Edited)
ok question....what do yall think of THIS heater??? http://www.ebay.com/itm/170675413099?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I need something small and unobtrusive b/c my "tank" is actually a (LARGE) vase so i was thinking I could place this horizontally right at the neck. I like that is has a dial on the plug so I can adjust the temp w/o reaching into the bowl

this is the thermometer I have on order, s/b here any day. Im not gonna put the heater in until I have a therm:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170897195992?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.