Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any disabled fish keepers!

30K views 366 replies 73 participants last post by  registereduser 
#1 ·
Any of you have disabilities. I have ADHD, Asperger syndrome, Scolosis,MTHFR mutation and others what about you all.

#76 ·
I have Lyme although I can find a doctor to treat it in Tennessee cause they say we dont have that here. It effects my joints more then anything. When I first got it my legs would swell and hurt so bad and no reason could be found except Lyme, I was bitten on the neck many years ago and the head of the tick had to be removed by my doctor who didnt put me on any cause he said it was in infected and didnt know about Lyme back then. Also some panic attacks and for awhile I was so fearful to ride in a car I would cry and I still dont drive because of that.

I am so sorry and sad to see so many here with problems, hang in there anyone !!!

#83 ·
Deformed hands due to severe burns. Bad back due to two broken vertebrae. Trauma induced arthritis in every joint in my body. Anxiety and PTSD which is pretty bad right now due to medication change.

Still I don't look at myself as disabled, and I have always been different.

#88 ·
I am not competing. I would lose if we were competing. I have noticed many of of us here have a medical conditions.

#91 ·
Wow, this was a really interesting thread. I really don't have any super interesting disabilities...

I tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus hiking once. Because I have no balance and my friends thought it would be good to push me while hiking up a mountain, and I fell, and landed on my right leg REALLY wrong. Then they got to carry me down the mountain. And 2 surgeries later, my knee will need replacing by the time I'm 40. So that kinda complicates the whole climbing up stairs thing.

My only other health issue is that I have a hyperactive immune system. I am allergic to EVERYTHING. (Well, not everything, but a lot of things) Deathly allergic to peanuts, bee stings, and strawberries. I have to carry around an epipen for those three. But I'm also allergic to pineapple, shrimp, cockroaches (strange, I know, but this is what the blood tests I had done said), carob (that fake chocolate stuff), mushrooms, and obviously anything having to do with pollen or trees in the spring/summer.

Because of my hyperactive immune system, I get sick every once in a while. I haven't been sick in 5 years, and the time before that was 3 years. I've been sick a total of 6 times in my 19 years of existence. And every time, the sickness lasts for months. 5 years ago, I had 4 months of bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. I had the flu once for 7 weeks. Its nice, but it sucks at the same time. Because I never know when its going to happen.....

#92 ·
Wish you the best for some weird reason I only get strep throat and know when I have it. When a I ask for a test always comes out positive. Ounce when my mom thought it would come out negative it camout positive.

#93 ·
I had a stroke at birth, and I'm currently being tested for mental issues. My mom says I have OCD but I dunno. :I

#95 ·
Same to you.

#98 ·
So many fishkeepers having disabilities makes me feel at home.

#100 ·
Some times genetic conditions are not inherited. Some types are how to say it without scientific jargon... Carried by the DNA and thus become hereditary, there are some others that become manifest after the DNA assembles during the early stages of pregnancy. The DNA strands miss-assemble (so to speak) and that can create some disorders but i believe those are not hereditary.

#101 ·
I mean wonder if I gave it because I am still younger than when he had his first skin cancer and sunlight sensetive the condition has is hereditary.

#102 ·
I mean wonder if I gave it because I am still younger than when he had his first skin cancer and sunlight sensitive the condition has is hereditary.
Yeah, but consider that even then, the condition might not manifest itself in you but on your children. It is better to run some tests to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.