Betta Fish Forum banner

What dog breed do you like?

Anyone Have Dogs?

14K views 134 replies 36 participants last post by  Perry the platypus 
#1 · (Edited)
If you have dogs this thread will help you train dogs. Who wants me to help them train their dog? I know how to train dogs and bettas.

#116 ·
I do have a question about our dog.

We have a pit-bull, but she is not like a mean scary dog like everyone thinks. She is very sweet, but in an annoying way...we will let her outside for 5 minutes, when we open the door to let her in she almost knocks you over! She will be wagging her tail and be running around like crazy! Even when we crack the door and tell her to stay if we want to go outside but not let her in, she will try to run in the door! So I'm asking, how do we get her to stop acting like that so she can calm down and stay where she is?

#117 ·
I have a black lab who is a HUGE Omega coward. He is constantly trying to get underneath your feet and hide under you. But he listens and is incredibly well trained. He never leaves the families side. His only problem is his HUGE bark. Which he uses liberally when he is scared.

#122 ·
I would say he needs some basic sit/stay obedience. Technically, rushing through the door like that is lack of respect. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you and generally respect you! Just in this situation. I'd try being on his side of the door. Getting a calm sit and focus on you before you even touch the door. Go through that until you can touch the door, open it, and he waits for your command to enter. That's how we resolved it with 3 bulldogs in our household! It's just safer.

#127 ·
I agree with you...and want to. But I have a hairless Chinese Crested and have to orderbon line. Her chest is so deep and her neck so skinny (plus buckles would rub her raw) that I'm having a heck of a time finding one. I could get her one of those mesh ones but they don't fit her well at all. And it gets VERY hot here in the summer so a vest harness would be torture. I'm actually thinking about trying to rig something up on my own,

#129 ·
Yeah, I have 2
Lyla and Murphy
I might be getting this big fella soon

Aint she beautiful? I asked if they could name her Rocky for me, because I am the one who will be getting her, and my older brother ALWAYS gets to name the family dogs. So I asked the shelter. Lets see what they say. ;) Anyway, supper excited to get her! She is super sweet and has a heart on her back, one blue eye, one brown. We called them, now we are waiting for a reply. Cant wait!
Lyla sitting on my lap

Murphy

#131 ·
Thanks

#134 ·
My dog is very well trained, but I noticed you don't have pit-bull on the list. Sadface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.