Other Good Betta Stores Online? - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
True Indigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 188
Other Good Betta Stores Online?

I've been having my heart set out on finding a particular betta that strikes my eye (a plakat of SOME SORT, whether it be halfmoon, double tail, king, or giant). Yesterday I came soooo close. Petco had a rare Halfmoon King Betta but the guy, while a beautiful blue-peach mustard, wasn't the kind of fish for me.

I've seen fish from aquabid.com and check it daily. I also check out bettafishstore.com. Sadly, where I live, there are no Local Fish Stores nearby in a 50 mile radius. My local Petco sometimes gets amazing fish, but the only ones that have captured my eye in the past is my little guy, Gyarados, and a Giant Halfmoon Plakat King Betta (my current dream fish) they had that was sick and sadly died.

So I'm wondering if there's any other sites I'm missing because it even seems google doesn't know. Thanks in advance
True Indigo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Indigo View Post
I've been having my heart set out on finding a particular betta that strikes my eye (a plakat of SOME SORT, whether it be halfmoon, double tail, king, or giant). Yesterday I came soooo close. Petco had a rare Halfmoon King Betta but the guy, while a beautiful blue-peach mustard, wasn't the kind of fish for me.

I've seen fish from aquabid.com and check it daily. I also check out bettafishstore.com. Sadly, where I live, there are no Local Fish Stores nearby in a 50 mile radius. My local Petco sometimes gets amazing fish, but the only ones that have captured my eye in the past is my little guy, Gyarados, and a Giant Halfmoon Plakat King Betta (my current dream fish) they had that was sick and sadly died.

So I'm wondering if there's any other sites I'm missing because it even seems google doesn't know. Thanks in advance
Where do you live?
Bettas Rule is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
True Indigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 188
Massachusetts in the US. I live on the southwest part of the state.
True Indigo is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
New Member
 
FrostSinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 214
I'd love to know this too I live near the New Hampshire border in Massachusetts. Eventually I'd like to breed my own but for now. . . . ?

WITH FINS:
Kevin Fisher, Blue VT Betta
Hera, Wild Color VT Female Betta
Aphrodite, Light Purple VT Female
Artemis, Steel/Blue VT Female
Persephone & Galene, Yellow VT Females
Hephaestus, Marbled HM Betta
Calypso & Halia, Blue w/red VT Females
Demeter, Cambodian VT Female
Uther, Sky Blue w/White Fins DT Male
FrostSinth is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Tikibirds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shangdong, China
Posts: 3,819
There are betta listings on Ebay...

This seller is in NY
http://www.ebay.com/sch/aquaworld68/...id=p4340.l2562

I think this guy is also on AB?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hynguyen80/m...id=p4340.l2562

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1396036_10151774258717861_1754587068_n.jpg

Tikibirds is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 774
http://www.freewebs.com/quicksilverc...asplendens.htm
(Karen Mc Auley)

basementbettas.com

Bettascapes.com (me)

http://www.facebook.com/BlackWaterBe...andBettaRescue

Those are all that I know of so far.
Bettas Rule is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
True Indigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 188
This is awesome. Thank you guys so much. I had no idea these places existed. Also, Betta Rules, very nice fish. :)
True Indigo is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 2,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post

http://www.facebook.com/BlackWaterBe...andBettaRescue

Those are all that I know of so far.
Dude, not cool lol I can't join/like that FB page. Must be a Canadian restriction which is.. not cool!! haha


Pitluvs is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Indigo View Post
This is awesome. Thank you guys so much. I had no idea these places existed. Also, Betta Rules, very nice fish. :)
No problem and thanks!
Bettas Rule is offline  
Reply

Tags
betta , fish , online , purchase , store

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome