betta excitement - Page 3 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
I know now. I think I'm going to stop going on here though, because most of the time anything I say people keep on being kind of mean to me because I made a mistake
Most people don't intend on being mean. They're just concerned about the fish and may come across as harsh but they really only have the fish,s best interests in mind.
dramaqueen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
lillyandquigly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,246
Quote:
Most people don't intend on being mean. They're just concerned about the fish and may come across as harsh but they really only have the fish,s best interests in mind.
yeah, speaking of their best interests I have an idea someone told me might work, and I'm wondering if it would. They said that if you got a seperate filter, heater, and a tank divider, then the male and the female bettas wouldn't be sharing the water and it would wokr, is this true?
lillyandquigly is offline  
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
TFK Moderator
 
SeaHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
yeah, speaking of their best interests I have an idea someone told me might work, and I'm wondering if it would. They said that if you got a seperate filter, heater, and a tank divider, then the male and the female bettas wouldn't be sharing the water and it would wokr, is this true?
You don't need a separate heater and filter if you use a plastic screen with holes. you can make the divider yourself very cheaply!! There is a DIY in here somewhere with instructions. you need the plastic screen for crafting and 2 binder cover spines. I made one for my 75 gallon, took 2 full pieces and 4 spines.
The tank should be min 10 gallon tho... or bigger to give them each 3.3 gallons. Always try to give your fish the most space you can.
Good luck. Please don't leave!! We all make mistakes and we are all here to learn.
SeaHorse is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SeaHorse For This Useful Post:
dramaqueen (05-29-2012)
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
lillyandquigly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,246
but male and female bettas can't share water I thought
lillyandquigly is offline  
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM
TFK Moderator
 
SeaHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
but male and female bettas can't share water I thought
oh.... hmmmmm... we'll have to wait for a Betta expert to jump here. I could be totally wrong then. lol sorry. I only kept one pair ever together to actually allow them to mate. Unsuccessfully I might add.
SeaHorse is offline  
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Member
 
betta lover1507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: IL, Chicago
Posts: 4,590
Okay basically don't keep a male with females, if you want females (only) together atleast more than 2 because the aggression.
From my knowledge they don't explode, i had a female that had a hole in her stomach before, am not sure why that happens but it does
Please don't be rude to other users here, i know am no moderator or anything hugely important but am pretty known here. people learn from mistakes, so did i many times
Sorry for the lost of your female though.
BTW there is a way of keeping ONE male in a sorority, am not really known to it. but a user does do that here s/he is professional so thats why no one gives her/him issue's with it. Aslong as you know what your doing, and really full of knowledge of the aggression of betta's people wouldn't get worried

[CENTER] Cherry Pop, Gus Gus, Gaia

Last edited by betta lover1507; 05-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline  
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
lillyandquigly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,246
ohhh ok! Yeah, I seperated my female and male, but I'm worried about Cheng because she's not eating too well and stuff. :L
lillyandquigly is offline  
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
I know now. I think I'm going to stop going on here though, because most of the time anything I say people keep on being kind of mean to me because I made a mistake
Hmm. I don't see the issue here. You are honestly the one who said "your wrong" there is no such thing as being wrong when the issue is a matter or opinion.

Mo is offline  
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,607
Lilyandquigly, when you say that someone said males and females can't live together in the same water, do you mean because of the pheromones in the water that could keep them erm, excited all the time?
dramaqueen is offline  
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Member
 
Alcemistnv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orange/Ulster County, New York
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
ohhh ok! Yeah, I seperated my female and male, but I'm worried about Cheng because she's not eating too well and stuff. :L
You should probably check the disease/emergency forum and post about your fish's problem by filling out the form provided there. That way you can try and find out :)

Baby Buddha(M VT) ~ Oddball (M-DeTxHM)~ Little Chai ~ Lucky(F oto)

I seem to have a problem with collecting things with scales and fins. Oops
Alcemistnv is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going to explode with excitement! BettaMiah Betta Chat 26 09-18-2011 07:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome