Are solid white veiltails hard to find at petsmart? - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,303
Are solid white veiltails hard to find at petsmart?

I've suddenly taken a liking to them and I was just wondering...

5G - 1 betta: orange dalmatian VT male "Ty"
29G - 1 orange fantail goldfish "Goldeen"
finnfinnfriend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Member
 
LittleWatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In progress to California
Posts: 636
I find more white ones at Petsmart than I do at Petco. But, most Petsmarts use the blue water, so its hard to tell if they're a true white.
LittleWatty is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,193
They're hard to find in general. VTs are such a crap shoot. Whites from pet stores are generally just marbles that marble out later.

Who am I? Well I am a Junior Member of the International Betta Congress and a breeder of white HMPKs, red dragon HMPKs, black/red dragon HMPKs, metallic multi HMPKs, blue masked HMPKs, and now multi color HMs. Soon to add black HMs. I will be showing in New Breeder class in fall of 2012.
MrVampire181 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
They're hard to find in general. VTs are such a crap shoot. Whites from pet stores are generally just marbles that marble out later.
Well then I hope I roll a seven

5G - 1 betta: orange dalmatian VT male "Ty"
29G - 1 orange fantail goldfish "Goldeen"
finnfinnfriend is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Member
 
MrVampire181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,193
Also it depends on the supplier and shipper who goes and who stays.

Who am I? Well I am a Junior Member of the International Betta Congress and a breeder of white HMPKs, red dragon HMPKs, black/red dragon HMPKs, metallic multi HMPKs, blue masked HMPKs, and now multi color HMs. Soon to add black HMs. I will be showing in New Breeder class in fall of 2012.
MrVampire181 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Member
 
MyRainbowBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,419
I found Honeycomb at Petsmart, and he is NOT a common color. But, like Mr.V said, they do tend to change color. You can go to my albums to see that Honeycomb was a PURE yellow with cellophane/white-tipped fins when i got him, but now his pigmentation is turning black with a hint of blue iridsecnese. So yes, they will be hard to find, but you just have to look :D Honeycomb was ALL the way in the back of the back of the shelf. VT's, are kinda what Mr. V said, because they are so commonly bred they tend to "genetically deteriorate" over time .

Good luck!

Proud Equestrian

~Casper HMDT
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,297
theyre hard to find. Ive seen some at petsmart, but we have different pet stores so that doesnt make a difference.

Good luck!

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”
― A.A. Milne
__________________________________
Espeon female halfmoon / 10G

Jolteon male dumbo plakat / 10G
teeneythebetta is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
I found Honeycomb at Petsmart, and he is NOT a common color. But, like Mr.V said, they do tend to change color. You can go to my albums to see that Honeycomb was a PURE yellow with cellophane/white-tipped fins when i got him, but now his pigmentation is turning black with a hint of blue iridsecnese. So yes, they will be hard to find, but you just have to look :D Honeycomb was ALL the way in the back of the back of the shelf. VT's, are kinda what Mr. V said, because they are so commonly bred they tend to "genetically deteriorate" over time .

Good luck!
Thank you! The only thing is, though, is that I could find a fish that looks like it's solid white and then it marbles later... Bt that's okay, I like they way marbles look too :)

5G - 1 betta: orange dalmatian VT male "Ty"
29G - 1 orange fantail goldfish "Goldeen"
finnfinnfriend is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thank you! The only thing is, though, is that I could find a fish that looks like it's solid white and then it marbles later... Bt that's okay, I like they way marbles look too :)
Same here. Poco was white when I got him and now he's a beautiful bright blue. The one in my avatar is still white. I hope he doesn't change colors. He's the most beautiful betta I've ever had.
dramaqueen is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Same here. Poco was white when I got him and now he's a beautiful bright blue. The one in my avatar is still white. I hope he doesn't change colors. He's the most beautiful betta I've ever had.
he is beautiful! That's weird how they change though... Does it happen at a certain age?

5G - 1 betta: orange dalmatian VT male "Ty"
29G - 1 orange fantail goldfish "Goldeen"
finnfinnfriend is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solid red veiltails.... finnfinnfriend Betta Chat 19 05-07-2012 10:17 PM
rare or hard to find? tracyalexa Betta Chat 30 10-26-2011 03:20 PM
Where can I find quality Veiltails? baylee767 Betta Chat 10 03-07-2011 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome