Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that soon you guys can expect a weekly betta fish newsletter to be published here on the forum, right here in the Betta chat section! This newsletter will be called "The Betta Fish Weekly". We are still in the process of figuring out our schedule, but we plan on having it published every Monday. The first edition will not be ready by next Monday, but hopefully soon after. In this newsletter, you can expect care, breeding and informative articles, FAQ, Polls, a Betta fish story, Photo contests, Rescue of the week, art and more!
So, in making this post, I must ask you guys for a few things to make this newsletter a success!
- Please answer the poll shown above. That poll's results will be shown in the first edition of The Betta Fish Weekly. Each edition will have a new poll along with it to be featured in the next edition, your votes are appreciated! Nobody can view who voted for what, so please vote honestly!
- Contest Photos. We will have our own monthly betta fish photo contest. There will be three judges to rate your photos which will determine the winner! Please PM your photos to me, and in the title, state wether you consider yourself a Beginner, average, or pro photographer. We need entrys for each section, there will be one winner for each. I ask that each person only enters one photo.
- Rescue of the week. Wether you just got this rescue and he/she is still recovering, or has already recovered, we would love to hear about it! PM photo(s) and your rescue's story, please put the subject as "Rescue of the week". Rescues will be selected randomly via random.org. You are free to re-enter your rescue if your rescue was not chosen in previous weeks.
- Art of the week. Each week, a subject, for example "Red halfmoon" will be listed in the newsletter. Please submit your art that pertains to that subject via PM to me, titled "art of the week- red halfmoon" or whatever that week's subject is. Art of the week will be selected randomly using random.org. You can currently submit 'red halfmoon' art work to be featured in the first issue.
- Ideas. We will always be looking for ideas to add to the newsletter! Wether you have basic questions pertaining to bettas, new section ideas or more, please PM me anything you think could improve the newsletter!
- We have one spot left for a judge for the monthly photo contest. If you are interested in this position, please PM me to see if the space is still available. Please only apply if you are on the forum regularly, preferably on a daily basis.
- We also would like to have fill-ins. Some weeks some of the members regularly involved in the making of the newsletter may be busy or unable to do their job. Fill ins would be on stand-by and able to do the job in that case. I ask that fill ins be more experienced members, preferably junior members or higher up so that you are used to the forum. Please state which positions you would be able to cover. A graphic designer fill in would be appreciated, preferably someone that is experienced in that field, as well as writers and editors.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to comment below or via PM. Thank you guys!
Below I have listed people who have already been given positions...
Graphic designer: Aokashi
Writers: TeeneyTheBetta, Alcemistnv, Magnum, CandiceMM(story), Mo(Breeding)
Photo judges: MaisyDawgThirteen, Perseusmom