Well, I was in Petco, this past weekend, and I was trying to get some information on that kind of thing, how they get their job, and what are the requirements, and one of the employees I was talking to, told me you just need to answer a few questions on an online app..so I said in regards to fish keeping? she said yes, they are basic questions, and mutiple choice..so I asked if the workers have betta knowledge, and she said we learn as we go, and mostly just read some material in the back, that applies to most of the aquatics. "So nothing specific" for Bettas..and it all started with a King who was suffering from SBD..and my daughter brought the cup to her, and said something needs to be done..this fish is suffering..I am thinking of changing my profession..
Here is the Description of job requirements for Aquatic Specialist
Does anybody know what the ideal candidate for a pet-store employee requirements are?
I am kinda curious.
* Minimum of one year of experience working with and/or caring for aquatic life,
both freshwater and saltwater is required for this position. Qualified
applicants will possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and a
working knowledge of basic merchandising techniques.
* All current and newly hired Aquatic Specialists will be required to obtain
Certification in one or more animal areas, depending on the store's needs,
within the time periods specified by the Company.
* Must be also be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics
and basic accounting relationships, as well as exhibit exceptional communication
* Must possess an aptitude for basic animal welfare and sales techniques, as
well as a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Must be able to lift and move merchandise weighting up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and flexibility
in scheduling of work hours including evenings and weekends to meet store needs.
Are you looking for a career that is as unique as you are? PETCO is the place.
Apply today for a rewarding career opportunity, with excellent benefits and
associate discounts. "Animals Always Come First. Our People Make It Happen!"