Are bettas capable of affection/trust? - Page 3 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
really? I've seen a few human scum in my life who didn't seem to register much.
These people fail survival of the fittest. In ancient times their inability to work within the group would have gotten them killed.

IBC Member since 2013
LadyVictorian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Member
 
harleraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 210
Don't even get me started on PETA. -.- According to them, we are all cruel for having fish in tanks instead of a natural environment. I guess that mean all parents are cruel for keeping their kids in houses instead of in natural caves.

All animals deserve respect, not just the cute and pretty ones.
Without "bugs", we would lose about 1/3 of our food, be nose high in decay, and entire ecosystems (including everything that supports the popular animals!) would collapse.

Weasley: HMPK
- Crackle: DT HM - Draco Malfoy: Crowntail - Hagrid: Giant - 6 neon tetras - bristlenose pleco - Haja: Madagascar hissing roach - Eddie Lizzard: leopard gecko - Cats: Kirby, Tails, Scootaloo
harleraven is offline  
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleraven View Post
Don't even get me started on PETA. -.- According to them, we are all cruel for having fish in tanks instead of a natural environment. I guess that mean all parents are cruel for keeping their kids in houses instead of in natural caves.
I read this as I was spoon feeding my rats blueberry yogurt smoothies. I like to share my food with them. Cruelty indeed, no wild rat will ever know the joy of a cold smoothie on hot night or the feel of a frozen pea or fleece blankets and hammocks. If I were a rat I would so take dirty city streets over a comfortable cage -sarcastic- I love how PETA ignores the facts about things like dogs coming to us, we didn't rip them from the wild.

IBC Member since 2013
LadyVictorian is offline  
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
And they say killing animals is okay if they do it and diabetes medicine is okay for there vice president takes it even though it is animal tested and mock autistics like myself by saying milk or meat causes it and every disease and ignore facts and run there own "research" company and say "research" says blank and mock Holocaust victims shark attack victims and sick people.They also give money to terrorist and steal animals just to kill them. Is a smoothie and human food healthy for rats just wondering also they ignore plants on farms are grown off animal products and the other parts are turned into food for fish and other animals and Christians.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Member
 
gn3ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 240
+1 to ladyvictorian haha i feed my rat what i eat sometimes too, because not all wild animals can enjoy themselves a good piece of carrot cake XD.
gn3ranger is offline  
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3ranger View Post
+1 to ladyvictorian haha i feed my rat what i eat sometimes too, because not all wild animals can enjoy themselves a good piece of carrot cake XD.
I know some human food is bad for pets which ones are really healthy for rats and which ones are bad I know chocolate is bad for them.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Posts: 1,885
yogurt smoothies are fine. They have to be fed fresh fruit anyways, the yogurt actually like with us gives them good bacteria in their digestive track to keep them balanced, and ice is just crushed ice. Normally I am a very healthy eater so sharing with my girls is never an issue. They can eat a lot of human foods since they are omnivores and not picky eaters in the wild.

Oh boy, and my girls love them some carrot cake. They also had cheese cake though they weren't suppose to. They just helped themselves to mine when I wasn't looking.

IBC Member since 2013
LadyVictorian is offline  
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I read this as I was spoon feeding my rats blueberry yogurt smoothies. I like to share my food with them. Cruelty indeed, no wild rat will ever know the joy of a cold smoothie on hot night or the feel of a frozen pea or fleece blankets and hammocks. If I were a rat I would so take dirty city streets over a comfortable cage -sarcastic- I love how PETA ignores the facts about things like dogs coming to us, we didn't rip them from the wild.
Rats are native to Europe your care sounds better still than food finding and avoiding predators.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
yogurt smoothies are fine. They have to be fed fresh fruit anyways, the yogurt actually like with us gives them good bacteria in their digestive track to keep them balanced, and ice is just crushed ice. Normally I am a very healthy eater so sharing with my girls is never an issue. They can eat a lot of human foods since they are omnivores and not picky eaters in the wild.

Oh boy, and my girls love them some carrot cake. They also had cheese cake though they weren't suppose to. They just helped themselves to mine when I wasn't looking.
Thanks rats are so complex like they can survive longer without water than a camel and they can swim a mile or they know a dead rats last meal.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Posts: 1,885
Just to dispel two myths, rats can have chocolate just not too much. That is what they use as rewards in labs for behavioral study. I have also given my rats chocolate, the only issue with it is if you feed them too much they will get very fat and they also get very hyper from the coca in chocolate so feed small portions one a month I say.

Also rats dehydrate easily, they can't go long without water. I would say past 24 hours their bodies will start to dry out and they can even die within 24 hours with no water on a hot day. Rats are actually found near water sources more than in deserts unless they are a desert breed. NR (common brown rat also the fancy rat) can't go long without water. Sorry to get off topic just making that clear so no one thinks a rat can go long without clean fresh water.

Also the common brown rat isn't native to Europe, they are native to Asia (China at that). They didn't arrive to Europe in full swing until shortly after the first burst of black death so around the 1700's (And yet they still blame rats...T.T). First domesticated in the 1800's by Jack Black the queens official rat catcher her caught rats for pit dogs (they put rats in a pit and had dogs kill them) but the more beautiful colored ones were bred, tamed, and sold as pets to those in high society. It wasn't uncommon from a woman in high society to be at a party with an albino rat on a monkey leash in her lap.

IBC Member since 2013

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 09-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.
LadyVictorian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can bettas show affection? neonlights Betta Chat 5 01-26-2012 11:16 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome