If I can find a pretty and healthy one... - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 142
If I can find a pretty and healthy one...

I’ll be purchasing a new betta this week. Now I just have decide if I want to fill my 5 gallon up and get a mini plant for just put it in one of those vases they used to come in. (I really like the spongebob tank but I have too many tanks) (and I know heaven forbid I wanna put him in a vase. I know what is recommended I had one for over a year. I know what to do and what not to do. I would take all of the precautionary with a vase just like I would my 5 gallon)


if i do use my 5 gallon tank i wanna have a neat set up. i'm kind of feeling sand. any thoughts or opinions on sand?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Watch the profanity please.
kngiraffe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Member
 
hannah16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
I’ll be purchasing a new betta this week. Now I just have decide if I want to fill my 5 gallon up and get a mini plant for just put it in one of those vases they used to come in. (I really like the spongebob tank but I have too many tanks) (and I know heaven forbid I wanna put him in a vase. I know what is recommended I had one for over a year. I know what to do and what not to do. . I would take all of the precautionary with a vase just like I would my 5 gallon)


if i do use my 5 gallon tank i wanna have a neat set up. i'm kind of feeling sand. any thoughts or opinions on sand?
Uhm.. I don't fully understand what you're talking about but PLEASE watch your language.. we have some young kids on this site!


Dei Vallie ~ HM M Pinkster ~ VT M Rheya ~ CT F Stardust ~ CT M Koi ~ HMPKEE M Zippy ~ HM M Princey ~ PKEE M Zeke ~ HMPK M Toothless ~ HM M Celestial ~ VT F Frost ~ HMPKEE M Unnamed ~ DT M PeachyKean ~ HMEE M Pongo ~ HM M JellyBeanRayne ~ VT F Unnamed ~ DeltaTDS M

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:48 AM.
hannah16 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Member
 
Sixwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 97
I'd go with the 5-gal. There's a lot more you can do with it, decoration-wise. Also if you go with sand, go with something that will bring out your bettas colors. Black is usually nice, unless of course your betta is black.
Sixwolf is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Posts: 2,677
+1 hannah

Sands good to use. buy a big bag of play sand from a home improvement store instead of the stuff at the petstore. Its cheaper this way, and you're bound to vacuum it up here and there during water changes, so its good to have extra lying around when you need to refil

10 HM, 3 HMPK, 5 HMPK fry
8 German Blue Ram, 5 Green Dragon BNP, 4 Albino BNP, 4 Calico BNP, 6 Red BNP, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 2 ADF, 7 Peppered Cories, & 6 Tiger Endlers + Fry
12 full time tanks, 4 NPT, 6 QT/Breeders
Member IBC
aemaki09 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Uhm.. I don't fully understand what you're talking about but PLEASE watch your language.. we have some young kids on this site!
what i "meant" was i'm thinking about getting a real plant, but i'm not entirely sure.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: More profanity.
kngiraffe is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixwolf View Post
I'd go with the 5-gal. There's a lot more you can do with it, decoration-wise. Also if you go with sand, go with something that will bring out your bettas colors. Black is usually nice, unless of course your betta is black.
I mean i have a bunch of stuff, like decoration wise from my last betta that I had. the one in my pf picture. i've always used pebbles or those glass rocks (whatever you wanna call them) but idk, i'm just so over using them. i'm ready for something cute, that will brighten up the tank and make it look cleaner (like visual wise)
kngiraffe is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
+1 hannah

Sands good to use. buy a big bag of play sand from a home improvement store instead of the stuff at the petstore. Its cheaper this way, and you're bound to vacuum it up here and there during water changes, so its good to have extra lying around when you need to refil
ahh okay, i'll have to check out that sand then. and then try to figure out what i wanna do.
kngiraffe is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 142
any other direction advice. i always see these real cute tanks with like random things in em. like cups, animal figurines and stuff like that.
kngiraffe is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Member
 
JadeSparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Here, there and everywhere
Posts: 135
I tend to raid the hobby lobby sales when they put all the seasonal decorations on sale. Some of their ceramic pieces are just adorable and my snails like to move them around... yes I have crazy snails lol

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
JadeSparrow is offline  
Reply

Tags
betta fish , healthy , pretty

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome