So there was this BEAUTIFUL white female I instantly fell in love with. Of course her auction closed before I was able to do anything. I did contact the seller but it has been a few days and no replies :( so I am trying to move on and I've found these two girls!! I already placed a bid on one (it was kind of not thinking much type bid >_<) But I then thought about the white female I had seen not to long ago and I went searching for her...and of COURSE I found her. And just a few minutes ago I thought her auction had closed.
So I am planning on bringing my 10 gallon here by the beginning of March AND I have two 2.5 gallon tanks with heaters that i could put them in while I wait for my 10 to cycle (and for quarantine purposes). I would probably divide their tank into 3 (since I know the minimum is 4). Is this a good idea? School will be ending for me about the second week in May and then I'll be home for 3 months so they'll have plenty of time to settle in. I've traveled with 4 fish at a time before to get here so I feel that I can at least do it again safely.
CYCLING QUESTION: Ok so I was curious, if I lowered the water level to about 50% or so would my cycle still work for when I get home? I have a 4 hour drive (3.5 depending on traffic) and I figured I could tape down the top to at least attempt to prevent spills. I was hoping that there was a way for me to transport either a 5 or 10 gallon tank (or both) and still keep my cycle alive. At least i was hoping the bacteria would be ok as long as I didn't do anything beside lower the level. (Of course the temperature would drop BUT I could keep my car fairly warm to attempt to make it all work).
Anywho after all that! Here are the two girls:
This one I just bidded on: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1359987003
I think she is so BEAUTIFUL :)
And the other girl I want: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1359990375
They are both so amazing!! And from the description at least they are young so that means that they will be healthy and will hopefully live for a while :) Maybelline seems fairly young to me so hopefully i'll have them all for a long while! (I've been told females live short than males....is this true???)
So I don't think I can take bids back meaning I will be getting a new girl VERY soon and as long as I keep my grades up my parents will be ok with it :)
Ok MAIN POINT: should I adopt another female? I have the means to move them into other tanks if the big tank doesn't work(which I doubt since I bet they'll love the space) and then later down the road I could adopt one more so that I could make it into a sorority tank. I was worried about doing that though because of traveling back and forth BUT I know who to contact so that over Spring Break and Winter Break I can get someone to come into my room and feed them while I'm gone so I don't have to do anything. Of course I would need them to be in a cycled tank if I were to leave them about a month alone (so that may not be the best idea). But if I cannot take my horse home I would like to stay here with him so that works for the best :) so it would be like 9 months at college and 3 at home. HELP lol