A nice fish but then I looked at price! - Page 3 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
logisticsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,775
Why would you assume we all missed the WHY? or don't know who the breeder is? Its not like Giants are all that rare either as I have a few myself. Its not priceless its overpriced. Not even the only one he has I guarantee you. It is price gouging plain and simple. I grant you that the value of something is whatever a fool will pay for it in the market. Nobody said it wasn't a darn nice fish.

Proud IBC member
logisticsguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Member
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Why would you assume we all missed the WHY? or don't know who the breeder is? Its not like Giants are all that rare either as I have a few myself. Its not priceless its overpriced. Not even the only one he has I guarantee you. It is price gouging plain and simple. I grant you that the value of something is whatever a fool will pay for it in the market. Nobody said it wasn't a darn nice fish.
Don't try to save face by saying "I have several kings/giants" you have ZERO kings/giants that look like this. None of us know who the breeder is besides his name on aquabid, So if you have a king/giant that looks like any of his post a pic
Stone is offline  
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
logisticsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't try to save face by saying "I have several kings/giants" you have ZERO kings/giants that look like this. None of us know who the breeder is besides his name on aquabid, So if you have a king/giant that looks like any of his post a pic
Save Face? From what? I think he has started charging way too much lately. Is that lost on you? Go blow a g on him if he is worth it. I look forward to seeing your bid. Did I say I have a good of Giants? No. Jeez.

Proud IBC member
logisticsguy is offline  
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Yakima,Washington
Posts: 590
stone so your saying you would pay the thousand bucks for that betta.

You're never to young to be to knowledgeable.
blu the betta is offline  
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Member
 
Hail0788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 670
Good lord! I love bettas but for $500-$1000 it better make solid gold fry or at least poop out gold nuggets.
Hail0788 is offline  
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,201
Well I would pay 200 for one that nice, but 500 is a bit much for me, if I was a breeder, which I might become someday I want to do giants/kings I love my giants/kings I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling to get fish that look like him, The guy who developed halfmoons to what they are spent 2 years of breeding to set the standard so yeah I am sure if he could have gotten a leg up and saved a ton of breeding and culling he would have.
Stone is offline  
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Member
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Save Face? From what? I think he has started charging way too much lately. Is that lost on you? Go blow a g on him if he is worth it. I look forward to seeing your bid. Did I say I have a good of Giants? No. Jeez.
save face by not reading the fact that it was a giant/king, and again you saying I have kings/giants like the ones sold at petco says about nill, that would be like buying a crowntail at walmart and expecting to win best in show at a betta show, even though kings are not being shown yet I am willing to say one day they will be, even halfmoons and crowntails were considered junk till a breeder spent a ton of time and money in developing them and setting a standard, kind of like how veiltails the most common of bettas are not shown at all because there is no standard for them.
Stone is offline  
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Member
 
valen1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Well I would pay 200 for one that nice, but 500 is a bit much for me, if I was a breeder, which I might become someday I want to do giants/kings I love my giants/kings I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling to get fish that look like him, The guy who developed halfmoons to what they are spent 2 years of breeding to set the standard so yeah I am sure if he could have gotten a leg up and saved a ton of breeding and culling he would have.
What do you mean "I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling" According to you the fish is priceless, so $500 is a steal! You kind of defeat your own point by saying you would only pay $200 on a priceless fish. You should bid on him now before the opportunity gets past you buddy

valen1014 is offline  
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Member
 
valen1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 541
I don't think many of us missed the WHY. I realized it was a giant straight away, but even so, the price is still ridiculous IMO. I agree with you on $200. I personally wouldn't buy him, but I think it's a reasonable price. $500 is just overshooting it though

valen1014 is offline  
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Member
 
TwilightNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A Georgia
Posts: 512
Wow is all I can say..... He is beautiful but the price on him is absolutely ridiculous.....

The Clan: Marilyn (CT) Angel (DeT) Opal (CT)
TwilightNite is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome