Ranting about the hubby and bettas - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Fenghuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,804
Oops, I meant "replaceable" in my last post.

I don't think it's just men. I am like that a lot too heh. I mean, not with fish or cats or anything. But spending money on things for them? Forget it. I'm still not happy about the tanks I bought. And missing a sale always makes me angry, even when I bought the things months before the sale. Actually, it's spending money in general. I can spent literal hours going back and forth deciding if I should buy something or not.

<a href=http://www.bettafish.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46230&dateline=1367964262 target=_blank>http://www.bettafish.com/image.php?t...ine=1367964262</a>
Fenghuang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Member
 
motherpeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 106
My husband is that way too! Everytime I express a concern over something with them (not enough plants, need bigger tank, worried about heater, etc) he answers with "It's just a fish," but then I catch him watching River and Rocky, and expressing concern about my snails (River attacked one before I moved it). Such double standards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Men! so silly! My husband fights me every step of the way on the pet front but I catch him admiring our 3 bettas when he thinks no one is looking. He even refers to them by name now and got excited with the name I chose for our newest. I don't understand why he can't just admit that he likes our bettas? Its like they think they will lose some sort of competition if they admit to it or they are proving some sort of point by not admitting. There must be some kind of hidden principle that we wives don't know about. They make everything so complicated!

motherpeters is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Member
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,196
Don't be a hater....lol jk well I will admit I can be a bit moody, I have been stocking my 46 gallon non betta tank for awhile, it's slow going because of lettign the tank adjust for bioload and when doing this you are bound to lose fish, I been getting various species of rainbow fish for the tank a few at a time, in a 2 week period I lost 6 rainbows of 3 different kinds which kind of ticked me off because the tank was testing out fine but whatever, a few days later the fish in my avi died poor dagora and I still have no clue why I was pretty ticked and that night I decided in the morning I was just going to take the divider out and let marbles have the tank
to himself, but that night I watched marbles putting his face up to the divider looking for dagora it was sad actually, so the next day instead of un-dividing the tank I bought edward to put in the tank, I know back and forth but I couldn't stand the fact that marbles was so sad missing his roomate he spent almost the whole night looking for him here is edward
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edward.jpg (45.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Stone; 04-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Stone is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Oops, I meant "replaceable" in my last post.

I don't think it's just men. I am like that a lot too heh. I mean, not with fish or cats or anything. But spending money on things for them? Forget it. I'm still not happy about the tanks I bought. And missing a sale always makes me angry, even when I bought the things months before the sale. Actually, it's spending money in general. I can spent literal hours going back and forth deciding if I should buy something or not.
If you didn't include the word "I" there, I would have thought you were describing me :P hehe

I torture myself trying to choose the better option when I have choices, which sometimes is more difficult than others. I also get upset when I buy something and then find it somewhere else cheaper, or see it a while after on sale. Normally I avoid this since I only buy things that are on really good clearance, but sometimes I just "have to" have something that wasn't on sale... then.... "$10 off, today only" and I'm kicking myself then I'm kicking myself for making such a big deal about little things like that


~~Saki~~~~~~~Sushi~~~~~~~Shisu~~~~~Soren~~~~Splash~~
~Lorelei~~~~~~~???~~~~~~~~~???~~~~~~Yuki~~~~~Naru~~~
JadeAngel is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 451
Jade, maybe in a week or two Hubby will be trying to talk your Daughter into trading Shisu for his new fish. HA!!!
Men need a hard side so they can also have a soft side. Yin Yang.
I am a man, so I can say that. I love them all!!
isochronism is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't be a hater....lol jk well I will admit I can be a bit moody, I have been stocking my 46 gallon non betta tank for awhile, it's slow going because of lettign the tank adjust for bioload and when doing this you are bound to lose fish, I been getting various species of rainbow fish for the tank a few at a time, in a 2 week period I lost 6 rainbows of 3 different kinds which kind of ticked me off because the tank was testing out fine but whatever, a few days later the fish in my avi died poor dagora and I still have no clue why I was pretty ticked and that night I decided in the morning I was just going to take the divider out and let marbles have the tank
to himself, but that night I watched marbles putting his face up to the divider looking for dagora it was sad actually, so the next day instead of un-dividing the tank I bought edward to put in the tank, I know back and forth but I couldn't stand the fact that marbles was so sad missing his roomate he spent almost the whole night looking for him here is edward
I can imagine larger community tanks can be very stressful, which is why I won't tackle that idea until I feel I am ready. With this, our tanks went from 2 five gallons, to 4 five gallon tanks. 2 are still on the way, so instead of 4 tanks, it's just twice the changes for the 2 we have until they arrive.

Since I take care of all the tanks, I don't think I'm up for adding a larger tank to that yet... at least not until I have more experience with it.

I'd get depressed if my fish started dying here and there, so being a little irritable for it is completely understandable.


~~Saki~~~~~~~Sushi~~~~~~~Shisu~~~~~Soren~~~~Splash~~
~Lorelei~~~~~~~???~~~~~~~~~???~~~~~~Yuki~~~~~Naru~~~
JadeAngel is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
Jade, maybe in a week or two Hubby will be trying to talk your Daughter into trading Shisu for his new fish. HA!!!
Men need a hard side so they can also have a soft side. Yin Yang.
I am a man, so I can say that. I love them all!!
good point. To add to that, my husband is latino. We only came back to the usa a few years ago. Though he's not as "tough macho man" as the rest of the men in his country (I lived there with him for 4 years) he still sometimes has this "gotta be a tough guy" act to him... and still sometimes says "that's a woman's job!" with some things american men would be like "oh, man, you better run... she's gonna kill you for that" hehehe. But I give him one look and it's suddenly "sorry sorry sorry, please let me live" lol

though I doubt he'll ask to switch, right up until he left for work, he kept going up and staring at the new guy. Ooooh, I got him to flare and he's gorgeous! I just found my camera charger, so I'm giving it a few minutes to charge so I can take a photo with flash. I'll post a couple in a short bit

His tail is spade shaped, which I think adds to his beauty. Though my husband keeps joking "I think you are more in love with him than I am" .... maybe it's not a joke? It's not untrue


~~Saki~~~~~~~Sushi~~~~~~~Shisu~~~~~Soren~~~~Splash~~
~Lorelei~~~~~~~???~~~~~~~~~???~~~~~~Yuki~~~~~Naru~~~
JadeAngel is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 AM
Member
 
quietlythundering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
good point. To add to that, my husband is latino. We only came back to the usa a few years ago. Though he's not as "tough macho man" as the rest of the men in his country (I lived there with him for 4 years) he still sometimes has this "gotta be a tough guy" act to him... and still sometimes says "that's a woman's job!" with some things american men would be like "oh, man, you better run... she's gonna kill you for that" hehehe. But I give him one look and it's suddenly "sorry sorry sorry, please let me live" lol

though I doubt he'll ask to switch, right up until he left for work, he kept going up and staring at the new guy. Ooooh, I got him to flare and he's gorgeous! I just found my camera charger, so I'm giving it a few minutes to charge so I can take a photo with flash. I'll post a couple in a short bit

His tail is spade shaped, which I think adds to his beauty. Though my husband keeps joking "I think you are more in love with him than I am" .... maybe it's not a joke? It's not untrue
I absolutely LOVE spadetails!!!!!!!! Lucky duck! He's such a beauty!
I'm Latino too, and the males in my family can get like that sometimes, especially my little brothers But then my female relatives (and I) do exactly what you do, and they get scared back into submission. My boyfriend tries that stuff too, but only jokingly. He knows better

My dearest fishy friends: Chappy, Scatha, Jocasta, Tsarina, Halcyon, and Mr. Golden Super Happy Fun Time (Mr. Gold)!
An excellent fan made version of the surf theme from Pokemon Diamond, Platnium, and Pearl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZsY...27EF0&index=56
quietlythundering is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So close, and got hubby interested in bettas, too! harleraven Betta Chat 1 10-21-2012 12:09 PM
Ranting here-- Marientland Stealth Pro 10 watt nearly cooked my fish! elijahfeathers Betta Chat 25 07-11-2011 06:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome