Alrighty, I'll start with my very first betta and go up to today's.
He seemed pretty smart for a fish, and... just seemed like it suited him.
- Was suggested by my brother. I thought it fit.
- He was kind of the same color as Gumby's (sp?) horse, and he was goofy. I changed the spelling a bit.
- Just seemed like an Augie. He was so tiny and happy and he was like a puppy. There was a dog in the Guiness World Records called Augie and I had just finished reading it, and I liked the name
- He reminded me of the ocean- dark and light blue and some sea green. Means "Father of the Sea."
- He was kind of mysterious and liked to worry me by hiding in the back of the tank or behind plants where I couldn't see him. O_O Means "God of Trickery."
- Dramaqueen suggested his name. He was so teeny
A name that popped into my head. She was quirky yet energetic and somehow soft in her demeanor, and the name seemed to suit her.
My friends and I were watching Fairly Odd Parents (which is a very odd show!) to pass the time 'cause we had nothing to do, and a genie called Norm happened to be in the episode we were watching. I thought the name suited him.
- He was pretty much completely pale when I got him, like a ghost, kind of. Spiridion means spirit in Russian.
It was a tie between Tallulah and Faye, so I put the two names together. Her demeanor is gentle and shy, kind of fairy-like. The names suited her.
He is a big boy!! Easily twice or three times the size of Spiridion, who has grown a ton. Got his name from Marmaduke the great dane.
You kind of have to be a fan of the Gorillaz to get this name... He's bad-tempered and aggressive, like Murdoc in the band.
Again with the Gorillaz fan thing. He's kind of shy and he seems a little dumb... XD No offense to him or anything. Stu is the true name of the singer in the band.