1. When did you first get interested in owning fish? My dad owns a business in which fish are very important, and I've always loved the little goldfish my sister kept when we were little.
2. What made you interested in Bettas? A few months back, my little brother got a betta fish, and I wanted to figure out how to properly care for him.
3. What kind of fish do you keep? Well, there are the koi and goldfish in the backyard pond, and koi and talapia in the business pond and tanks, and I've got my betta.
4. What size tanks do you keep them in? My betta is in a 1/2 gallon tank, but I'm working on getting him into a 10 gallon cycled tank soon. Some of the koi and talapia are in 20 gallon tanks (they're tiny now, when they grow, they're going into our ponds. The larger koi and talapia are in ponds, and the koi and goldfish in my backyard are in a small oriental koi pond.
5. How many tanks do you have? Erm. seven tanks, plus the ponds. at home, two tanks and one pond.
6. What kinds of Bettas are your favourites? crowntails and halfmoons. But, I love them all
7. What do you do to maintain your fish and their tanks? All the tanks apart from my betta's are like this : http://www.earthsolutions.com/Aquapo...ing_c_303.html
so, I do nothing but feed the fish, the plants do the cleaning. The ponds are like that on a much larger scale. I clean my 1/2 gallon tank completely once daily and feed my betta twice daily.
8. Have you ever bred your fish? No, it sounds fun, and I'd do it if I had good fish to breed, but I don't.
9. How much time do you spend on your fish? I'm constantly staring at my betta, and I spend several hours each day by the ponds and tanks at work, making sure the fish are healthy and getting them used to people.
10. What advice would you give people who might like to start keeping fish? Research before you decide to get a fish, what may seem like an easy to care for fish could probably be very hard to care for. If you do this, you'll be saving a fish's life :)