UGH! My heart!! - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 96
Before my LPS was shut down they had signs posted all over the store that says if you hurt one of the animals you HAVE to buy it and would not be allowed back in the store. It wasn't that big so it was easy to enforce those rules.
demonicangel132007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South CAROLINA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
two little snots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
their grubby little hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
THOSE LITTLE BRATS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
I honestly HATE kids that do that crap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
>.< Those little brats.
I am honestly shocked at the hostility and childishness from the posts in this thread. They are KIDS and obviously don't know any better. It's not in any way their fault. This is no way to speak of children.

In all likelyhood the poor conditions are what killed it. I'm sure they endure much more shaking on their journey to Walmart.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 12-07-2010 at 11:39 PM.
chavist93 is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Tsuhei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavist93 View Post
I am honestly shocked at the hostility and childishness from the posts in this thread. They are KIDS and obviously don't know any better. It's not in any way their fault. This is no way to speak of children.

In all likelyhood the poor conditions are what killed it. I'm sure they endure much more shaking on their journey to Walmart.
I examined him before the little kids got to him. He was the most active of them all without any ailments. If they're kids, then their parents should have taught them BETTER how to treat a LIVING CREATURE! They were probably 12 years old. That's old enough to understand their wrongdoing! And their parents should have intervened but they DIDN'T.

They treated the fish INHUMANELY. Children with proper parenting usually learn NOT to kill or put a life in danger before age ten. They were the ones that grabbed the fish. They were the ones that shook the fish. They were the ones that killed the CT I was looking at. Explain the blood I saw in the cup. Explain the eyeball at the bottom. I'm pretty sure poor water conditions don't do that. I wanted to leave out those details, but I guess it can't be helped now, can it?

Tell me, whose fault is it that that poor fish died? Fish are no different from other pets. Tell that to serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and the Columbine killers.

http://cats.about.com/cs/crueltyconn.../a/cruelty.htm

http://thebosun.wordpress.com/2006/0...-animal-abuse/

I guess after they hurt another human being after being cruel to an animal is justification for calling them "monsters", hm?

Stamps - M White/Blue/Yellow Fancy HM Plakat; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products - Loves Parcel

Parcel - F Blue/White Marble Dragon Fancy HM Plakat; 1.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products - Loves Stamps

Astaire - M Blue/Red Veiltail; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products

Latt - M "Panda" DT Plakat; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products

Aquarium Items:
Aqueon Water Conditioner
API Aquarium Salt - Medical Treatment Only
Indian Almond Leaves



Last edited by Tsuhei; 12-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Tsuhei is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Member
 
Creat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,157
Yeah I have seen that happen I actually took the cup out of their hands and the parents got mad at me and I was like well maybe you should teach your kids not to abuse animals... sometimes I hate walmart I usually go into the big chain petshops and find all the dead ones and stack them up usually like 10ish and carry them to the front of the store to some helpless cashier and say "i think these are dead." I did that enough at one petco that they started moving their betta into the tanks so each freshwater tank had a betta in it XD
poor crowntail if it was a black orchid that would have been quite a find


Blog of my Betta endeavors: http://moonshinesbubblenest.blogspot.com/

Take care of the water,
the fish will follow

Creat is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
New Member
 
SemioticSleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 89
Even though you don't want to support walmart you should still buy fish from them you'll be rescuing them more than anything. That goes for any pet store Petco is just as worse.
SemioticSleep is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Nutt007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Five light-years southwest of Pluto
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
I examined him before the little kids got to him. He was the most active of them all without any ailments. If they're kids, then their parents should have taught them BETTER how to treat a LIVING CREATURE! They were probably 12 years old. That's old enough to understand their wrongdoing! And their parents should have intervened but they DIDN'T.

They treated the fish INHUMANELY. Children with proper parenting usually learn NOT to kill or put a life in danger before age ten. They were the ones that grabbed the fish. They were the ones that shook the fish. They were the ones that killed the CT I was looking at. Explain the blood I saw in the cup. Explain the eyeball at the bottom. I'm pretty sure poor water conditions don't do that. I wanted to leave out those details, but I guess it can't be helped now, can it?

Tell me, whose fault is it that that poor fish died? Fish are no different from other pets. Tell that to serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and the Columbine killers.

http://cats.about.com/cs/crueltyconn.../a/cruelty.htm

http://thebosun.wordpress.com/2006/0...-animal-abuse/

I guess after they hurt another human being after being cruel to an animal is justification for calling them "monsters", hm?
I wholly agree with this post. I would understand if they were 3 or 4 or had some mental condition, but this, this is just terrifying! They shook him so hard that he was bleeding! I have seen plenty of Bettas beat up from tail biting or aggressive activity and not once have I ever, I mean EVER, seen blood. That means he basically was EXPLODED. If I had the ability to, I would track these girls down and give them a very mean lecture. (The again I am 12 and I probably live far from your place...)

I am a male sapient being.
Nutt007 is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Member
 
crowntail lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sweat homeeee Kentucky! :]
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
I examined him before the little kids got to him. He was the most active of them all without any ailments. If they're kids, then their parents should have taught them BETTER how to treat a LIVING CREATURE! They were probably 12 years old. That's old enough to understand their wrongdoing! And their parents should have intervened but they DIDN'T.

They treated the fish INHUMANELY. Children with proper parenting usually learn NOT to kill or put a life in danger before age ten. They were the ones that grabbed the fish. They were the ones that shook the fish. They were the ones that killed the CT I was looking at. Explain the blood I saw in the cup. Explain the eyeball at the bottom. I'm pretty sure poor water conditions don't do that. I wanted to leave out those details, but I guess it can't be helped now, can it?

Tell me, whose fault is it that that poor fish died? Fish are no different from other pets. Tell that to serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and the Columbine killers.

http://cats.about.com/cs/crueltyconn.../a/cruelty.htm

http://thebosun.wordpress.com/2006/0...-animal-abuse/

I guess after they hurt another human being after being cruel to an animal is justification for calling them "monsters", hm?
Amen!!!
crowntail lover is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South CAROLINA
Posts: 36
There is just too much to respond to in your post. I'm going to just leave it at that. If you are an adult and you think that is a proper way to talk about a child (12 is very much a child) then so be it.

Oh and shopping at Walmart is supporting Walmart. May as well buy a Betta.
chavist93 is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Tsuhei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
I wholly agree with this post. I would understand if they were 3 or 4 or had some mental condition, but this, this is just terrifying! They shook him so hard that he was bleeding! I have seen plenty of Bettas beat up from tail biting or aggressive activity and not once have I ever, I mean EVER, seen blood. That means he basically was EXPLODED. If I had the ability to, I would track these girls down and give them a very mean lecture. (The again I am 12 and I probably live far from your place...)
Well seeing that your signature says you live somewhere around Pluto...

@chavist93: There's a difference when it comes to buying from Walmart and buying a fish from Walmart. If a store, any store, can't get rid of stock of a certain item, they stop buying it because they aren't making a profit.

I understand that I'm just one person that doesn't buy betta fish from Walmart, but each person makes a difference. In many examples in American history, one person (or vote) can make a huge difference. Eventually, not necessarily now, people will realize how cruel Walmart is to their fish. So no, I won't go out and buy a betta. I'd rather see their live fish section close down.

As for talking about children, I guess it's your own opinion on how you want to talk about them. Times have changed, unfortunately. Kids aren't respectful of a lot of things lately, including animals, adults, and each other. It's not like I'm targeting every child in the world. Just two kids that performed an extremely cruel act against a fish in front of me. I personally love kids. I want to start a family when I'm ready. But if you want to assume that I'm attacking every child in the world, go for it. It's not worth wasting my breath and my education on justifying my answer.

Stamps - M White/Blue/Yellow Fancy HM Plakat; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products - Loves Parcel

Parcel - F Blue/White Marble Dragon Fancy HM Plakat; 1.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products - Loves Stamps

Astaire - M Blue/Red Veiltail; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products

Latt - M "Panda" DT Plakat; 2.5gal; 80F; Hikari Food Products

Aquarium Items:
Aqueon Water Conditioner
API Aquarium Salt - Medical Treatment Only
Indian Almond Leaves



Last edited by Tsuhei; 12-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Tsuhei is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Member
 
JKfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,428
Chavist: very nice piece of propaganda... Anyways, I have nothing against small children. At all. I have two younger siblings and I babysit frequently, so it's not like I'm some girl who detests small kids. However, let me tell you. When my little brother was 2. two years old, he knew to go "nice nice" to the animals, be they scaled, slimy or furred. And it's not like he lives in a zoo. We've just got a dog, that's it (apart from recently bettas), and we as a family made sure he understood not to be mean. There are plenty of normal toddlers out there that know doing stuff like that is bad. unless they were like 1 years old (in which case they probably wouldn't be able to speak in full sentences or even reach the betta cups), that is horrible behavior, which the parents should have stopped.

Now we know the kids were older than that, maybe teens, that makes it worse. :P

Edit: and I don't talk about them like that unless it comes to horrible things like this. In this case, they really are brats, though that doesn't mean I have much against them. (I love my little sis, but somtimes when she throws half temper tantrums, she can be a brat) Believe me, I know kids can be cute and cuddly and so adorable, but really... 12 is not quite a child, still a kid, but not a teen. by that age they should have common sense. My 11 year old sister has more morals than that


Last edited by JKfish; 12-05-2010 at 10:10 PM.
JKfish is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG! Friggin Heart Attack!!! KBoone Betta Chat 2 07-27-2010 05:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome