I love it when my Betta....
I thought I'd start a thread for posting what our Bettas do that we love. Things specific to their personality. Here are the things I love about my Bettas!
1. I love it when Sequin flares at me. I'll just put my face or finger near his tank, and he puffs up faster than a puffer fish. He's so cute. Also, even when his food is in the water, he jumps a bit and basically falls down on it to snatch it up. It's hard to describe. I also love it that he builds the craziest bubble nests. They're HUGE. He lives in a 3 gallon KK, and they take up a 6th of the surface area.
2. I love it when I catch Sir Lefty Buttons looking at me. He does this a lot. He's the closest to my computer, and I just caught him staring at me. As soon as I looked, he turned away. It was so cute! I also love WHERE he builds his bubble nests. Right behind the filter outflow. He's also the only male Betta I have who never flares unless I put a finger in the water. Even then, only half of his gills flare. He also likes to wiggle at me.
3. I love it when Banana Freckles jumps at me whenever I have a finger, hand, or food above the tank. Even if I'm just adjusting the heater, he'll jump at me! Also, he follows my finger down the tank wall. It's so funny.
4. I love Glitter for just how shimmery he is. Also, the lobes of his double tail are split right down to his butt and are PERFECT. I love how he has a glittery mustache and eyebrows.
5. I love Blush, because she's just so stinkin' cute! She's really timid, though. She's afraid of my fingers, and freaks out anytime I rearrange something in her tank. But I love her!
6. I love how my new girl, Annabelle, will swim through a hoop that I make with my fingers, follow my finger around the tank, and stares at her food suspiciously before snatching it up like she's starving. I also put some "jewels" in her tank, and as they fell to the bottom, she chased after them. She has the cutest personality, and reminds me of my late, beloved Aurora.
Now it's your turn! What are your fishes' personalities? Use detail!
Sequin (m), Shortcake (f), Westley (m), and Sir Righty of Walton (m).