Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hawaii- Go Diamond head!
Wow. Earlier I was just sitting on my bed and then I had a huge urge to turn off my fish tanks power strip. I unplugged it and told my dad that I turned off my power strip and that maybe some water got on it (in truth I'm not sure why I did)
Then, an hour later, my dad comes into my room and says he reached his hand into his fish tank and got shocked. Even though he has that... thing (I don't know what it's called) that you plug into your outlet and then plug in the stuff so that if you start to get electricuted it shuts off automatically. My dad then turned off his power strip and put his hand in the water, once again he was shocked!as unplugged did he not get shocked.
What the heck is going on? I'm not sure whether I imagined it or not, but I think when I touched my power strip when it was turned off (still plugged in) I got shocked... I'm pretty sure it happened. This is kind of strange... Now my cycle is probably going to get ruined because my filter is shut off. There's no light, either (in the tank). Let's just hope I can trust the electricity still....
If guppies are jewels, than Bettas must be rainbows
Proud owner of Neon, Ryu, and a still unnamed CT