Hi i am new - Page 4 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
Posts: 65
hi tomsk..thanks for the welcome...well if i go to the pet shop and they dont have any of those fish ill jus get a 2 or 5 gal. tank for the time being....i hope they have silk plants...im not sure im ready to try live plants...

wats a good recommendation if the dont have silk plants at the pet shop?
AbbiMoeBetta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Member
 
Ethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 419
I've tried a pleco with my sorrity but the pleco always got erritated and really stressed to the point where I was going to take him out but he died......... I would not advise this I learned this the hard way and over time a pleco would need a 50 gallon tank or lager because they grow huge here's a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:3,s:0


they can even get bigger than that! Just try a google search and you'll know what I mean
Ethan is offline  
post #33 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
I've tried a pleco with my sorrity but the pleco always got erritated and really stressed to the point where I was going to take him out but he died......... I would not advise this I learned this the hard way and over time a pleco would need a 50 gallon tank or lager because they grow huge here's a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:3,s:0


they can even get bigger than that! Just try a google search and you'll know what I mean
sorry to hear about ur pleco...


whoa that pleco is HUGE i must have under estimated the ones i saw at the pet shop they were as tiny as the bettas...
AbbiMoeBetta is offline  
post #34 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Ethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Oh, it's ok I miss him/she though I think there is no telling between a male and female pleco
Ethan is offline  
post #35 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
Posts: 65
yea they all look the same
AbbiMoeBetta is offline  
post #36 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Congrats on making the choice of getting a betta. They are fabulous little fish. I recommend getting the Aqua Culture betta pellets. Don't get Hikari as they changed their recipe. I look forward to pics of your new boy (or girl). ^^

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....
Arashi Takamine is offline  
post #37 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Member
 
Tisia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiMoeBetta View Post
hi tomsk..thanks for the welcome...well if i go to the pet shop and they dont have any of those fish ill jus get a 2 or 5 gal. tank for the time being....i hope they have silk plants...im not sure im ready to try live plants...

wats a good recommendation if the dont have silk plants at the pet shop?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67565 lists some stuff. you can get plastic too, just bring some nylon with you and run it over it and if it snags it's no good
Tisia is offline  
post #38 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Congrats on making the choice of getting a betta. They are fabulous little fish. I recommend getting the Aqua Culture betta pellets. Don't get Hikari as they changed their recipe. I look forward to pics of your new boy (or girl). ^^
ill have to check with the pet shop to see what they have available...i have a feeling i will be taking millions of pics of my new boy....yea im getting a boy..for now
AbbiMoeBetta is offline  
post #39 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67565 lists some stuff. you can get plastic too, just bring some nylon with you and run it over it and if it snags it's no good
Thanks for the link..will check it out
AbbiMoeBetta is offline  
post #40 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
There are heaters that auto shut off if the temperature of the tank gets too high and it will auto kick in if it gets too low. I've recently bought one for Dixie (my betta) and it makes me relax during the school day to know that my betta will be alright at home alone. However, I can't tell you if you'll need a heater because I'm one of the newer members in the betta world just like you. I'm glad that you chose to add a betta into your family because they're very exciting creatures with different personalities and they have several tail types. It'll be fun finding the betta fit for you, but don't rush it because choosing your forever friend should be something you're very specific about. You want to observe and make sure there's no illness or deformities in the betta you're interested in or you could overwhelm yourself. Well, it was nice meeting you and remember that everyone on this forum enjoys pictures of bettas. (It'd be great if you would post pictures of yours when you get it. )
Dixie is offline  
Reply

Tags
jamaica

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome