Sea kittens - Page 4 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Yeah, the contest is definitely weird, there's no doubt about that! I totally know what you're saying, recently there was a local contest here where women could enter to win a certain cosmetic surgery procedure...just strange, and kind of creepy.
I agree so much. It creeps me out as I saw that movie just yesterday. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now.

It really does creep me out this whole surgical procedures for free thing. It just doesn't sit well... I wonder if they realize they're going to forever be called Geneco by me now. I half expect them to change their article to add: "FREE ZYDRATE!"

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....
Arashi Takamine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Member
 
metalbetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 1,353
A few flaws in peta's widdle deal there...

1. I don't know about the rest of you, but my fish HATE to be touched. Sometimes it's inevitable, but they show it when they want my hand far, far away unless it has food. Sometimes on rare occasions they'll give me little nips or swim through my fingers when I'm messing around/siphoning the tank, but that's about the extent of it. My boys don't like it either. Finger chase is acceptable, but no touchie. Not to mention touching leaves them more prone to infections.

2. Regular fish (NOT sea mammals) as far as I know don't make sounds underwater. Because it's close to impossible to carry sound down there. The most I hear out of my fish is jumping late at night. Jumping, splashing, coming up for air, and nomming on pellets. There are no vocal chords there. I promise you.

3. And they certainly don't SING, either.

Oh, here's another.
4. When my girls "rub against eachother" it usually means they want to fight. Albeit they're 'fighting fish', but heck, really?


Have I ever mentioned how much I really don't like peta?

Animals have been eating animals since forever. Who's to say we're any different? While I don't agree with the way food animals are treated/killed, I do understand that I need those supplements to live. It's only natural. I'd prefer eating over taking vitamins. I'm very much an animal lover, don't get me wrong. And I don't even like so much as watching a lion take down a gazelle on Discovery. However, I am an omnivore, and to survive and thrive I need to consume a certain amount of proteins among other nutrients every day.

On another note, illegalizing pets? Come on! Humans have been keeping pets since we came to be. However that happened. I don't care. But nowadays, the domesticated animals we keep (namely dogs) have that human dependence thing hardwired into their brain. If we were to just let every domestic dog run wild, there would be WAY more deaths than there are now. There are the sad cases of neglect and hoarding, but the dogs and cats who live to a ripe old age with a loving family way outnumber them. I have more to say on this, but unfortunately, I must go take a shower.

And this is no offense to you vegans, or even moderate animal rights activists out there. More power to you.

~Madi
4 Males
Winston~ Damian~ Twitch ~ Evans
1 Female
Mini-Fish

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-05-2011 at 05:15 PM.
metalbetta is offline  
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
A few flaws in peta's widdle deal there...

1. I don't know about the rest of you, but my fish HATE to be touched. Sometimes it's inevitable, but they show it when they want my hand far, far away unless it has food. Sometimes on rare occasions they'll give me little nips or swim through my fingers when I'm messing around/siphoning the tank, but that's about the extent of it. My boys don't like it either. Finger chase is acceptable, but no touchie. Not to mention touching leaves them more prone to infections.

2. Regular fish (NOT sea mammals) as far as I know don't make sounds underwater. Because it's close to impossible to carry sound down there. The most I hear out of my fish is jumping late at night. Jumping, splashing, coming up for air, and nomming on pellets. There are no vocal chords there. I promise you.

3. And they certainly don't SING, either.

Oh, here's another.
4. When my girls "rub against eachother" it usually means they want to fight. Albeit they're 'fighting fish', but heck, really?


Have I ever mentioned how much I really don't like peta?

Animals have been eating animals since forever. Who's to say we're any different? While I don't agree with the way food animals are treated/killed, I do understand that I need those supplements to live. It's only natural. I'd prefer eating over taking vitamins. I'm very much an animal lover, don't get me wrong. And I don't even like so much as watching a lion take down a gazelle on Discovery. However, I am an omnivore, and to survive and thrive I need to consume a certain amount of proteins among other nutrients every day.

On another note, illegalizing pets? Come on! Humans have been keeping pets since we came to be. However that happened. I don't care. But nowadays, the domesticated animals we keep (namely dogs) have that human dependence thing hardwired into their brain. If we were to just let every domestic dog run wild, there would be WAY more deaths than there are now. There are the sad cases of neglect and hoarding, but the dogs and cats who live to a ripe old age with a loving family way outnumber them. I have more to say on this, but unfortunately, I must go take a shower.

And this is no offense to you vegans, or even moderate animal rights activists out there. More power to you. :)
+100 for this. PETA sucks...They're like the animal version of Geneco. They see an animal on the street...

They kill it. They're murderers. Heck the Repo Man wasn't that bad...

Geneco screwed up big time messing with the fish. Aki is brave enough to come up to me and touch my finger if we're playing or bites me but I've only felt his rays once and they didn't feel like anything but water. That was as he was passing me. Maka sits there after touching my finger to signal more food. My betta's don't mind me messing with their tanks when needed. It's the net they hate.

Back ontopic...PETA/Geneco sucks. They might as well go dig a hole for themselves so they can 'benefit' the worms.

I'm willing to bet one drawing that next one they'll try is Save the Worm.

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-05-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Arashi Takamine is offline  
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Member
 
1fish2fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,904
The sad thing about it is I pretty much loose all respect for someone when I see they support PETA... especially those with social power like all these stars in the entertainment business. If you are going to choose to support something so controversial then LEARN where your money is going. I can assure you it is NOT going to the animals when you support PETA or The Humane Society of the United States. I don't understand how a supposed "animal lover" can truly support an organization that kills more animals than they help.

If you choose not to eat animals that's fine but supporting PETA is not supporting your cause.

Don't get me started on the whole "animal rights" nonsense.

*Be smart.. Do your research!!*[/COLOR][/FONT]
[/CENTER]

1fish2fish is offline  
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
The sad thing about it is I pretty much loose all respect for someone when I see they support PETA... especially those with social power like all these stars in the entertainment business. If you are going to choose to support something so controversial then LEARN where your money is going. I can assure you it is NOT going to the animals when you support PETA or The Humane Society of the United States. I don't understand how a supposed "animal lover" can truly support an organization that kills more animals than they help.

If you choose not to eat animals that's fine but supporting PETA is not supporting your cause.

Don't get me started on the whole "animal rights" nonsense.
+1

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....
Arashi Takamine is offline  
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,651
Yo, PETA, stop creating really stupid crap and focus on the things youre supposedly trying to save.

Sincerely,
Everyone.

-_-
PewPewPew is offline  
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Yo, PETA, stop creating really stupid crap and focus on the things youre supposedly trying to save.

Sincerely,
Everyone.

-_-
True dat, true dat.

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....
Arashi Takamine is offline  
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 PM
New Member
 
Mariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
A few flaws in peta's widdle deal there...

1. I don't know about the rest of you, but my fish HATE to be touched. Sometimes it's inevitable, but they show it when they want my hand far, far away unless it has food. Sometimes on rare occasions they'll give me little nips or swim through my fingers when I'm messing around/siphoning the tank, but that's about the extent of it. My boys don't like it either. Finger chase is acceptable, but no touchie. Not to mention touching leaves them more prone to infections.

2. Regular fish (NOT sea mammals) as far as I know don't make sounds underwater. Because it's close to impossible to carry sound down there. The most I hear out of my fish is jumping late at night. Jumping, splashing, coming up for air, and nomming on pellets. There are no vocal chords there. I promise you.

3. And they certainly don't SING, either.

Oh, here's another.
4. When my girls "rub against eachother" it usually means they want to fight. Albeit they're 'fighting fish', but heck, really?


Have I ever mentioned how much I really don't like peta?

Animals have been eating animals since forever. Who's to say we're any different? While I don't agree with the way food animals are treated/killed, I do understand that I need those supplements to live. It's only natural. I'd prefer eating over taking vitamins. I'm very much an animal lover, don't get me wrong. And I don't even like so much as watching a lion take down a gazelle on Discovery. However, I am an omnivore, and to survive and thrive I need to consume a certain amount of proteins among other nutrients every day.

On another note, illegalizing pets? Come on! Humans have been keeping pets since we came to be. However that happened. I don't care. But nowadays, the domesticated animals we keep (namely dogs) have that human dependence thing hardwired into their brain. If we were to just let every domestic dog run wild, there would be WAY more deaths than there are now. There are the sad cases of neglect and hoarding, but the dogs and cats who live to a ripe old age with a loving family way outnumber them. I have more to say on this, but unfortunately, I must go take a shower.

And this is no offense to you vegans, or even moderate animal rights activists out there. More power to you. :)
I'm a vegetarian, and I don't like PETA because, well, they cause people to think you're insane if you say you don't eat meat. That, and a multitude of other reasons.

Anyway, I totally agree, there are domesticated animals that couldn't possible live in the wild. For instance, call ducks, they're an adorable little duck that never lived in the wild, they were originally used as live decoys. If they were ever released into the wild, they simply couldn't live, mostly because they're so small they have many, many preditors. Then there's my little pomeranian (my profile picture is of her) Faith...I couldn't imagine her living in the wild. Modern dog breeds were created for captivity, for coexisting with humans. They need us.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-05-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Mariner is offline  
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Member
 
Arashi Takamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cerulean City.
Posts: 1,284
Same. My dog is a pitbull/german sheperd mix and he is so scared of storms that he needs a place to run to every time he hears a thunder clap. If he lived in the wild...He wouldn't stand a single chance.

PETA the Geneco of the petworld.

Lelouch of the Petsmart Rebellion - Orchid VT

Yugi - German Sheperd/Pitbull mix. The real King of the house.

There are no coincidences in this world...Only the inevitable.....
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...f/vocaloid.gif


To the Betta's whom passed on: I'll never stop loving you...Take care of each other under the rainbow bridge....
Arashi Takamine is offline  
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Member
 
bettafish15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 2,094
My moms chihuahua wouldnt last three days D: My mixed dog might, since she is from mexico and dogs roam free mostly without owners there. She was on her own most of her life, so she stands a chance. Same with my cat, she was raised on the streets.

PETA needs to GTHO. :P

1 Male ~ 5 Females
3 Bronze Cories
1 Hamster
Soon, 1 cornsnake!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-05-2011 at 05:19 PM.
bettafish15 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome