I just picked one up earlier today. It was inevitable that I get one, since I now work at a Petco. However, underneath the row of betta cups is a shelf of containers meant to be used as their housing... Can't fit much more than a pint of water in those stupid things. I guess the idea is that people will buy a tiny container for the baby and then upgrade as it grows, but really, what are the odds that people will do that?
In any case, mine is super cute. I set it up in a nice little 2.5gal in the living room, and it's been swimming around ever since. It waves its caudal fin at me every time I go to say hi.
- Jolly Roger, halfmoon betta boy & ivory snail, bronze and sterbai corydoras catfish, neon tetras (15gal)
- Wanda, pale yellow veiltail betta female (5gal)
- Benedict, multicolored halfmoon plakat (3gal)
- Sparky, questionable tail type and gender (2.5gal)
- Neon, tiny betta baby (1gal)
- Marsha, multicolored female veiltail, and Capt. Morgan, multicolored dumbo plakat (div. 20gal)
- 10g community tank with a ton of balloon mollies
+ cats, gerbils, rats, geckos, snakes, a frog, and a dog.