Zergy, you do know that CAEs can't live in a ten gallon long-term, yes?
All my bettas are named after Greek mythological figures. It started with Aphrodite (goddess of love and beauty, amongst other things) because she was the prettiest little girl I had ever seen. Then I got Athena (goddess of wisdom, women and war) because she was so feisty. Apollo (god of music) was named because of his reaction to me playing guitar, and also for his gentle nature.
My sorority girls:
- Circe (a sorceress from the Isle of Aeaeae) because she captivated me with her witchy ways
- Artemis (goddess of moonlight and hunting) because she is green (foresty) and likes to hunt my shrimp
- Medea (sorceress of lover of Jason who murdered her own children) because she seemed like a bad girl
- Hera (Zeus's wife, queen of the gods) because she was the alpha
- Persephone (wife of Hades, god of the Underworld) because she is a dark-bodied mustard-gas
- Psyche (the most beautiful woman in the world) because she was so stunningly beautiful
- Thetis (RIP)(Sea-nymph and mother of Perseus) because she was sea-coloured and changeable
And finally, I also have Odysseus, because he was so scared of his big new tank at first but started to adventure all over it. :) Also, because he is too pretty to be a Zeus or a Hades or something. :p
My rats are all named for literary characters. I'm angling for a Bingley and a Darcy in the future. :D