Betta Fish Forum banner

Wild Imbellis Breeding Log

7K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Mahachai 
#1 ·
this is my log for my wild caught imbellis pair. i just introduced the female(also caught from the same source)into the breeding tank with him. Wild imbellis will only have full color and comfortable to spawn if the tank has plants and deco inside. I learn this by observing and experience i also learn that ever betta species mahachai, imbellis, show bettas ect... the male will attack the female no matter wat. Sometimes depending on the aggressiveness if the male. i tryed putting the male imbellis in a jar with IAL for conditioning but his color had faded untill i put him in the big 10g tank with plants and deco his colors came back. He started building his nest after 1 hour of introducing female to him. I am also breeding another pair of imbellis too. This pair is second in line. I will take pictures or videos of the spawning session if im there that the right time

This is the video of the conditioning pair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXtnsQZ8h8o

#5 ·
this s a video showing my wild imbellis pair spawning after a few hours of introducing the female to the male. Wild Bettas are by far the best bubble nest makers. this male imbellis made a big nest in a few hours and spawned right away as for other male bettas would take a day or two to get a good decent bubble nest. This bubble nest was under a IAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePWiz6l_JXY

#11 ·
Thanks hes my emerald jewle in the house i have one coming in later that in going to go pick up plus that is going to be 2 male imbellis (wild caught from the same source). And a pair of pure blood wild caught splenden coming with the my imbellis too that im going to pick up later

#12 ·
Wow, is he a fan tail!?

#14 ·
I'd love to buy one of your future spawns next year, if timing is right and you have some to sell.. Just amazing looking fish!

Totally jealous... Someday when I settle down, all i'll do is raise bettas and go to shows... (a guy can dream, cant he).

#19 ·
I know I am not Setsuna, but for wild bettas I have actually found it better to start off small (my unimaculata fry started out in a half-filled 3.5 gallon tank and are now in a 3/4s filled 7 gallon) and then gradually increase the size. This way I can control feeding and water quality a lot better than I could in a bigger tank.

Fry in the video are looking good. That one around 40 seconds looks quite large compared to the others. Unless it is just an optical illusion caused by it being so close to the camera.

#21 ·
Can't wait to see updates on this. The size difference between all the different fish is surprising... Stupid question: Does this mean the smaller ones have a smaller chance in life or will they all even themselves out eventually?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.