Ghosts! - Page 26 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Member
 
ThePearlFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 507
I believe in the paranormal, supernatural or out of the ordinary.

I also think that people can be receptive to these kinds of things.

~TPF

1 Doberman Mix: Emmy, 2 DSH Cats: Rowan & Jacob, 1 Bearded Dragon: Rainier (aka Mista Lizad Man), 1 Eastern Box Turtle: Greta, Two 5g tanks: Alchemy (Halfmoon) and Custard (Yellow VT)
ThePearlFish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #252 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 481
I'm a believer as well. I had a guardian spirit throughout my childhood right up to when I got married. I remember him being a shadowy form who would be at the foot of my bed just watching me sleep. At one point, young as I was, I got scared and he moved to my doorway where he remained. I remember one time I was just waking up on a Saturday, about 10:30, and I felt a pressure on my bed, like some knelt on my bed with one knee. I thought it was my mom so I told her to leave me alone and swiped at her knee...only neither mom nor knee were there . He growled at and attacked what at the time I thought was my best friend. Needless to say he knew better than I did about her. I miss him sometimes but I think him leaving was because he felt my hubby was good enough to look after me. The only person I wish I could contact is my grandpa. Up to the time I was eleven, when he died, to me the sun rose and set by that man.

Last edited by Freyja; 09-14-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Freyja is offline  
post #253 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I'm a believer as well. I had a guardian spirit throughout my childhood right up to when I got married. I remember him being a shadowy form who would be at the foot of my bed just watching me sleep. At one point, young as I was, I got scared and he moved to my doorway where he remained. I remember one time I was just waking up on a Saturday, about 10:30, and I felt a pressure on my bed, like some knelt on my bed with one knee. I thought it was my mom so I told her to leave me alone and swiped at her knee...only neither mom nor knee were there . He growled at and attacked what at the time I thought was my best friend. Needless to say he knew better than I did about her. I miss him sometimes but I think him leaving was because he felt my hubby was good enough to look after me. The only person I wish I could contact is my grandpa. Up to the time I was eleven, when he died, to me the sun rose and set by that man.
Awwww....your guardian spirit sounds a lot like Roy, he would always stand around my room and during the time he was in my house, not a single other spirit existed here. Once I sent him "on" the others started flooding in. I feel so attached to him, I feel like we were the best of friends and sometimes I cry because I miss him so much.
Anyway, it feels amazing to be protected, and I hope you're thankful, because it's not that common for a spirit to just decide to be your guardian :)
That's crazy, though! Roy always warned me about being careful, too. When something bad was about to happen, he'd show up.
He never scared my animals like the spirits now do (though they'd watch him move around with wide eyes and raised fur).
If you'd like to contact your grandpa, DO SO. It is soooo easy and you absolutely wouldn't regret it. I like to talk to my relatives every so often just to let them give me any messages they'd like to.

Good luck :3

7 bettas, 2 goldfish, 50+ (accidental) snails, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, 2 cats


Rest in peace Butch, greatest dog ever, Omelette the Veiltail, and Chipita the Veiltail
PaintingPintos is offline  
post #254 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 02:45 PM
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 42
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.
ballyhoo is offline  
post #255 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
Awwww....your guardian spirit sounds a lot like Roy, he would always stand around my room and during the time he was in my house, not a single other spirit existed here. Once I sent him "on" the others started flooding in. I feel so attached to him, I feel like we were the best of friends and sometimes I cry because I miss him so much.
Anyway, it feels amazing to be protected, and I hope you're thankful, because it's not that common for a spirit to just decide to be your guardian :)
That's crazy, though! Roy always warned me about being careful, too. When something bad was about to happen, he'd show up.
He never scared my animals like the spirits now do (though they'd watch him move around with wide eyes and raised fur).
If you'd like to contact your grandpa, DO SO. It is soooo easy and you absolutely wouldn't regret it. I like to talk to my relatives every so often just to let them give me any messages they'd like to.

Good luck :3
I was always thankful. When I was old enough to realize what he was I would talk to him and it was so peaceful for me.
Freyja is offline  
post #256 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.
I feel that way sometimes....
There are 5+ ghosts that wander my house/yard, but only really one that is there 24/7, which is Megan the little girl.
I get lonely too. I have friends on the other side more than I have friends in this world. Even other side animals are really comforting and it's just great to know that not only are you keeping them company, you're raising their energy levels (juts don't let them sap your energy) and you're kind of like a Ghost Psychologist. Hahaha.
Well last night I was feeling especially bold, so I stepped out into the pitch-black hallway and called Megan over. I decided I'd have a little chat at 11pm (when the activity starts to bump up, the maximum of the activity is at 3am) but then I chickened out because I couldn't see her though I felt her, and I didn't wanna venture further into the open rooms like she was telling me to.

:/
All in all, it was unsuccessful, but I like to scare myself and hopefully I'll try again tonight!!

7 bettas, 2 goldfish, 50+ (accidental) snails, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, 2 cats


Rest in peace Butch, greatest dog ever, Omelette the Veiltail, and Chipita the Veiltail
PaintingPintos is offline  
post #257 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Posts: 376
HAY GUYS!!!
Yesterday I was painting and when I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, Megan was standing DIRECTLY BEHIND ME. In the reflection of the kitchen window I saw her...
Very scary, I told her to go away but she was like "Nah, I'll stay here" then she followed me to my room.
Then later at night I woke up to someone knocking on my door. Not fun.
I'm trying to hear them better still, even though they scare me a lot!!!
Good luck to other psychics out there~

7 bettas, 2 goldfish, 50+ (accidental) snails, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, 2 cats


Rest in peace Butch, greatest dog ever, Omelette the Veiltail, and Chipita the Veiltail
PaintingPintos is offline  
post #258 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.

please be careful because you may attract the opposite friendly ghost you are hoping for. The lonely ones respond to those like you and i because some do want another's company and sometimes the dark ones hear more loudly because they see it as a vulnerable target to damage or destroy.

i have several guardians, human and animal, as well so knowing that sometimes helps to keep from being too lonely.
BettaHeart is offline  
post #259 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieStClaire View Post
Have to interject here, because I have the exact same thing happen to me on a regular basis, and I think you're still describing the classic case of sleep paralysis. The thing people don't realize is you CAN be fully alert, and still experiencing things more related to the dreamlike state (visions, sensations of pressure/touch, sounds) because the parts of you brain responsible for creating dreams are still in effect for sometimes a good long while. You say it FELT like hours had passed but you don't know that for sure.

For instance two nights ago I woke up, couldn't move, felt something trying to drag me off the bed and could have sworn I was screaming for the whole time (which felt like hours), when in reality I was still solidly on my bed, hadn't made a peep, and it was only about 2 hours after I had even fallen asleep in the first place. This sort of experience happens to me at least once a month, and I can even trigger it by sleeping on my back (which for obvious reasons I now try to avoid entirely).

From wikipedia:

This seems to describe your personal experience very well, especially since in an earlier post you said it started out while you were still in a dreamlike state. I say if this happens on a regular basis, I would go get a sleep study done. Even if you don't have an episode while you're there, the researchers can try to find an underlying cause. In my case, it is possibly linked to respiratory issues and my inability to produce enough melatonin to fall asleep on my own.

If its not happening regularly, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't mean to try and bully you (you can go ahead and think its ghosts for all I care), but I just wanted to inform you because frequent sleep paralysis episodes can be a symptom of other (sometimes serious) health problems and have nothing to do with ghosts.


"We need not raise the question as to whether such a condition of density is compatible with the opinion held by modern science,
for science and logical thought can,owing to their inherent attributes, never say the final word as to what is possible, or impossible"
quote from Rudolf Steiner on the subject of Atlantis and Lemuria, which i also believes ties in well with ghosts, cryptozoology, mystical/mythical creatures such as fairies, unicorns, elfs, sea serpents, dragons, gryphons and aliens. lol

Last edited by BettaHeart; 09-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.
BettaHeart is offline  
post #260 of 496 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
please be careful because you may attract the opposite friendly ghost you are hoping for. The lonely ones respond to those like you and i because some do want another's company and sometimes the dark ones hear more loudly because they see it as a vulnerable target to damage or destroy.

i have several guardians, human and animal, as well so knowing that sometimes helps to keep from being too lonely.
Right....if you want a friend, DO NOT go looking for a ghost.
Pretty dumb thing to do. I'm being a bit harsh, but seriously, even the friendliest and most well-meaning ones are pretty scary (despite what you might think "oh that would be so cool to see one" IT ISN'T COOL.). They can easily sap out your energy, and they are like nosy people: once one knows that you can see them, they flock to you.

7 bettas, 2 goldfish, 50+ (accidental) snails, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, 2 cats


Rest in peace Butch, greatest dog ever, Omelette the Veiltail, and Chipita the Veiltail
PaintingPintos is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome