Just another rant because my parents favor my brother >:( - Page 5 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Pogthefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: maryland
Posts: 1,611
When I mentioned I was addicted, I also mentioned the headaches and stuff the next day, and if I choose not to sleep on the meds, I'm fine, with without the meds, I am like messed up >_< Also, I gave all the meds I tried at least a mointh, most of them a semester in school.
Pogthefish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
When I mentioned I was addicted, I also mentioned the headaches and stuff the next day, and if I choose not to sleep on the meds, I'm fine, with without the meds, I am like messed up >_< Also, I gave all the meds I tried at least a mointh, most of them a semester in school.
Yeah were the kind of people who may be rare but meds do not help I prefer therapy because it is more effective for me the only side effect for me is car sick I only do it on that route and that route only.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #43 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,607
I'm not saying autistic peopleshould be druggedu up. If you can't tolerate meds then you can't tolerate meds. It's good that you at least tried meds for two months before deciding they aren't for you. I realize that I don't know much about Asperger's. My mother worked with 2 kids that were autistic and we have an autistic boy in our church so I do know a little bit about autism.
dramaqueen is offline  
post #44 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm not saying autistic peopleshould be druggedu up. If you can't tolerate meds then you can't tolerate meds. It's good that you at least tried meds for two months before deciding they aren't for you. I realize that I don't know much about Asperger's. My mother worked with 2 kids that were autistic and we have an autistic boy in our church so I do know a little bit about autism.
Not to sound rude but Autism is a spectrum at the top people without social skills with average to above average I.Q. at the bottom people who can not tell a spoon a fork. Some say Albert Einstein had asperger it makes sense to me he even has a family history I heard Thomas Edison but that makes sense to me. Not to sound full of myself friends and teachers are always saying how bright I am not to sound full of myself. Yeah I tried many meds and my problems have gotten worse my doctor wanted to put me on ADHD meds just to gain weight I hope you become a good doctor. Sorry for accusing you of supporting autism speaks and everything else super sorry.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #45 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Member
 
djembekah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,108
personally, if i go without my meds, i get suicidal. i guess i just was given the right ones. it's a highly personal thing.

~bekah
i like fish and piercings and yarn
http://freshwaterfish.tumblr.com
i <3 snails
55 gallon planted journal

ukuleles djembes and happiness
djembekah is offline  
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
personally, if i go without my meds, i get suicidal. i guess i just was given the right ones. it's a highly personal thing.
I get suicidal on the meds.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,607
Lol thanks Chocolate but I'm not becoming a doctor. I know what it's like to struggle with a disability. My vision prevents me from driving. I was lucky that I got to go to college. I'm sorry that I upset you by mentioning meds. It's true that they aren't for everyone. I have a cousin whose granddaughter is bipolar and has been in all kinds of trouble and in and out of jail. It's people like her who need to be kept on meds.
dramaqueen is offline  
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Lol thanks Chocolate but I'm not becoming a doctor. I know what it's like to struggle with a disability. My vision prevents me from driving. I was lucky that I got to go to college. I'm sorry that I upset you by mentioning meds. It's true that they aren't for everyone. I have a cousin whose granddaughter is bipolar and has been in all kinds of trouble and in and out of jail. It's people like her who need to be kept on meds.
Not to be rude but what happened to your vision?I am sorry about your relative hope he does well. What do you think of becoming career wise? I love fish and plants and want to make a career of it. I hope to be the first person to breed and raise Atlantic Tuna from eggs. Hope your vision problem either disappears or gets manageable for you. My grandmother has been in a wheelchair for 30 years and she seems to have coped. A cousin of mine has Bi-polar and I show a few symptoms but probably do do have it.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Pogthefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: maryland
Posts: 1,611
And just to mention, I have asbergers, which is VERY different from autism. Autistic peopel don't often lead normal lives and they need special care. They have few friends and have trouble communicating verbally with people and often lash out. Asbergers people live normal lives. They may have poor social skills, but that doesn't stop us, because its just a little speed bump. I have tons of friends, and no problems with socail skills. I even managed to get out fo the learning center in my new school, and I was with minimal help at my last school, and that was mostly turning in my work on time. My dad has asbergers and he has a steady job and provides 100% of the income for our family. He has a good wife which he has kept for almost 20 years. Asbergers is a VERY mild form of autism.
Pogthefish is offline  
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
And just to mention, I have asbergers, which is VERY different from autism. Autistic peopel don't often lead normal lives and they need special care. They have few friends and have trouble communicating verbally with people and often lash out. Asbergers people live normal lives. They may have poor social skills, but that doesn't stop us, because its just a little speed bump. I have tons of friends, and no problems with socail skills. I even managed to get out fo the learning center in my new school, and I was with minimal help at my last school, and that was mostly turning in my work on time. My dad has asbergers and he has a steady job and provides 100% of the income for our family. He has a good wife which he has kept for almost 20 years. Asbergers is a VERY mild form of autism.
It is Asperger s and it is autism spelled with a p not to be rude but the b version is for emos and jerks it is not real the one spelled with a p is real Asperger is a high functioning autism like PDD-NOS not all aspies live normal lives many become experts in there area of focus.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could you do me a favor? JKfish The Lounge 0 11-13-2010 07:47 PM
Rant/Anti Rant place. BettaGirl290 The Lounge 9 10-09-2010 10:34 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome