Embarrassing hobbies? - Page 8 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Member
 
twolovers101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 754
I'm not sure if getting EASILY addicted to something counts as a hobby... but it is a bit embarrassing when I jump off the deep end....

Like buying over $100 worth of Magic the Gathering cards..... (3 month time span is about how long THAT one lasted...) others have been obsessively playing WoW on a free client, playing LoL constantly.... Now it's betta keeping....

Why I can't just pick something and stick with it I have no clue... one day I start something and the next I stop, cold turkey, out of the blue DX

5 bettas: Шостакович Shostakovich, Dimitri, Blood, Fancy Pants & Miss Priss; 1 cat: Rajah
twolovers101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Member
 
TheCrabbyTabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 469
Oh. Yeah, my ex put a ton of money into his LoL account.

I am thinking about sinking another 60 bucks into my Wiz101 account. I don't want to even think about how much money went into it already this year!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Mahatma Gandhi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TheCrabbyTabby is offline  
post #73 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
I'm not sure if getting EASILY addicted to something counts as a hobby... but it is a bit embarrassing when I jump off the deep end....

Like buying over $100 worth of Magic the Gathering cards..... (3 month time span is about how long THAT one lasted...) others have been obsessively playing WoW on a free client, playing LoL constantly.... Now it's betta keeping....

Why I can't just pick something and stick with it I have no clue... one day I start something and the next I stop, cold turkey, out of the blue DX
i can totally understand that feeling. i have a butt load of tv shows and movies i want to watch. not to mantion the 7 books i have yet to read. theres also my Gundam model collection. 1 complete 1/100 (complete repaint) kit thats very slow due to extreme procrastination. i have 4 other kits yet to open up and a traditional (glue type) 1/72 SU47 Berkut model kit to start hopefully in 70yrs when i can finally clear the gundam backlog without purchasing additional kits. i do plan to get one more kit whenever it does come out but i got my hands full of several things that i switch in between often enough.

i do have a pretty good idea why many people these days cant focus on one task as much as they desire: techonlogy. were too used to being distracted with shiny new things and an information overload that multi-tasking is impaired to the point where you cant always complete the majority of the tasks without serious concentration..

Kigurumi (F) yellow PK 7/4/13, Kurama VT 9/8/13, Zeydalus Salamander EE PK 21/3/14, Ryuk turquoise dragon DeT 8/5/14----Crested Gecko (8ths old) Sven Cal 27/12/11,

RIP: Osiris copper DT, Nel blue VT, Nelliel turquoise grizzle DT, Zaku red cambo, Blitzkreig Pineapple CT, Halloween orange chocolate DeT, Grimmjow, turquoise green CT

Last edited by nel3; 09-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.
nel3 is offline  
post #74 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
gn3ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 240
haha I can understand how you spent over $100 on magic the gathering If im not mistaken the cards from each previous year gets banned then you have to use cards from the new set. Idk i don't play magic but people at my locals do so i kinda pic up on whats going on. I just spent like $240 on my Dino-Rabbit deck for competitive Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments Since it's still a top tier deck. Glad to see i'm not the only one who spends alot on cardboard :)
gn3ranger is offline  
post #75 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Kitty Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 746
I collect dolls like Apple Valley dolls and Lee Middleton dolls. I'm considering even adding a "Reborn" type doll to my collection because they look so real and don't even look like dolls, more like real human babies! I even collect some stuffed animals too hee hee

Fish are God's RAINBOWS underwater

Dreamer,Whisper,Sunshine,Lilly,Ester
Kitty Whiskers is offline  
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,681
im still very much attached to any stuffed animals ive had when i was young. i know theres atleast 3 at may parents place that they havent gotten rid of. i do keep 2 stuffed animals, 1 tiny 3-4 inch tall bunny and a 1.5ft ish tall teddy bear (1st one i ever had).

Kigurumi (F) yellow PK 7/4/13, Kurama VT 9/8/13, Zeydalus Salamander EE PK 21/3/14, Ryuk turquoise dragon DeT 8/5/14----Crested Gecko (8ths old) Sven Cal 27/12/11,

RIP: Osiris copper DT, Nel blue VT, Nelliel turquoise grizzle DT, Zaku red cambo, Blitzkreig Pineapple CT, Halloween orange chocolate DeT, Grimmjow, turquoise green CT
nel3 is offline  
post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Leeniex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
I collect dolls like Apple Valley dolls and Lee Middleton dolls. I'm considering even adding a "Reborn" type doll to my collection because they look so real and don't even look like dolls, more like real human babies! I even collect some stuffed animals too hee hee
I used to reborn back when they first became popular, and then I sculpted. Outgrew dolls but I kept some of my Middletons because they are so adorable.


Now I have a yarn addiction.
Leeniex is offline  
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Member
 
twolovers101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i can totally understand that feeling. i have a butt load of tv shows and movies i want to watch. not to mantion the 7 books i have yet to read. theres also my Gundam model collection. 1 complete 1/100 (complete repaint) kit thats very slow due to extreme procrastination. i have 4 other kits yet to open up and a traditional (glue type) 1/72 SU47 Berkut model kit to start hopefully in 70yrs when i can finally clear the gundam backlog without purchasing additional kits. i do plan to get one more kit whenever it does come out but i got my hands full of several things that i switch in between often enough.

i do have a pretty good idea why many people these days cant focus on one task as much as they desire: techonlogy. were too used to being distracted with shiny new things and an information overload that multi-tasking is impaired to the point where you cant always complete the majority of the tasks without serious concentration..
Yeah... that may be part of it lol
My issue is I want to do too much with my life, so I do one thing for a few months, do another thing for a few, and just kind of cycle through activities... I need some way to clone myself so I can do anything I want to... xD

5 bettas: Шостакович Shostakovich, Dimitri, Blood, Fancy Pants & Miss Priss; 1 cat: Rajah
twolovers101 is offline  
post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Yeah... that may be part of it lol
My issue is I want to do too much with my life, so I do one thing for a few months, do another thing for a few, and just kind of cycle through activities... I need some way to clone myself so I can do anything I want to... xD
a clone sonds like an excellent idea. i have a knack for buying tea and barely taking the time to use it. i still drink tea occasionally though i have around 210 bags of various tea and something like 660g of loose leaf tea. any that i do drink it gets set back by me buying some more though ive been pretty well behaved as far as buying more lately. i probably have a year and a half worth of tea to say the least.

there's been a recent news post that says most ppl that impulse buy do regret it soon after and im feeling that a bit too often. the euphoria doesnt last too long.

Kigurumi (F) yellow PK 7/4/13, Kurama VT 9/8/13, Zeydalus Salamander EE PK 21/3/14, Ryuk turquoise dragon DeT 8/5/14----Crested Gecko (8ths old) Sven Cal 27/12/11,

RIP: Osiris copper DT, Nel blue VT, Nelliel turquoise grizzle DT, Zaku red cambo, Blitzkreig Pineapple CT, Halloween orange chocolate DeT, Grimmjow, turquoise green CT

Last edited by nel3; 09-26-2012 at 09:59 PM.
nel3 is offline  
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Member
 
Jupiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4,158
All of my hobbies would be considered embarrassing by societal standards, I guess.

But considering I'm not into murder or torture or something crazy like that, I'm not embarrassed of what I do regardless of my age.


Puck (Yellow koi HM king) / Scar (White HM) / Salt 'n Pepper (Silver HMPK) / 'That fish' (Copper butterfly HM) / No name (White DT) / No name 2 (Turquoise/white marble HM) / No name 3 (Lilac HM)




Bo Peep (Cambodian VT) / Goldilocks (Yellow VT) / Joie de Vivre (Multicolour VT) / Lil' Peep (Blue VT) / No name (Dalmatian VT) / No name 2
Jupiter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbies? BetterBetta The Lounge 25 08-09-2011 06:29 PM
The Embarrassing Moments Thread Loryen The Lounge 90 07-21-2011 11:31 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome