401 Reasons for insanity.. or sanity... - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
WolfHhowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Carrolltown Pa In good old cambria county
Posts: 223
401 Reasons for insanity.. or sanity...

Just a place to blow off steam, good or bad. Talking about anything and everything and everything and anything.

And a place ware I don't think I want to bother spelling so HA... TYPOE!

Yes typo is a typo

lol

any way I just want to start off by saying... Fish it sucks when they die, put ticks us off if its because of stupidity and faulty equipment and tiredness.

I write books... Trying too attempt at finishing books... trying why do i BoTHER?

Any way... really any tips on finishing something in the creative writing area would be cool.

Something tells me I will be the only one to post in here... some times I wonder if when i start an account on a sight... if people are geared up to just ignore me... and only talk to me when they feel my stupidity has exceeded the allotted minuet for the moment. OR when they just want to fight, or when they figure Oh hey... maybe we should just so they feel loved.

I think I am going insane some times other times... Oh yes answering your self is completely normal...

As I kill forty people as they laugh while crying at my statements....

YES I have lost it... funny farm take me away...

Music the only thing preventing the little white rubber room and the guys with the suits from taking me away... that and fish... but right now I am a bit ticked at fish equipment and disheartened in my fishies... silly fishies mommy loves you... just stop being stupid ok?


5gallon, One male betta
10 gallon, full of baby fry/ one baby betta
34 gallon:2 peppered corydoras, 2 upside down catfish, 2 cherry barbs, two danio's, 2 platy's, 2 high fin platys, 2 red swords, 2 angelfish, 1 dwarf Gourami, 3 black skirts, two diamond tetra's and 2 gold Gourami.
And going to get, 2 cory cats


WolfHhowling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,681
dont be alarmed one bit, certain crazy people cant distinguish if they're sane or insane at all. if the individual only knows certain pattern thoughts then they'd assume it normal regadless of others.

i believe the saying goes, the insane person isnt capable of truly distiguishing if they're mentally sane (or something along those lines.)

Kigurumi (F) yellow PK 7/4/13, Kurama VT 9/8/13, Zeydalus Salamander EE PK 21/3/14, Ryuk turquoise dragon DeT 8/5/14----Crested Gecko (8ths old) Sven Cal 27/12/11,

RIP: Osiris copper DT, Nel blue VT, Nelliel turquoise grizzle DT, Zaku red cambo, Blitzkreig Pineapple CT, Halloween orange chocolate DeT, Grimmjow, turquoise green CT
nel3 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 AM
Member
 
ZubinBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 208
Hi WolfHhowling, are you writing a novel? I have just started revisions on a short story, and I love books on writing--the only problem I have is in setting them down and...writing! I ran into (what I believe is) some good advice in one of them just yesterday: When doing revisions, try to get away from the computer and away from your manuscript, and sit with your pen and your journal/notebook in a chair you don't usually associate with writing, and really take a look (with the mind's eye) at what you have in your pages. The slight change in scenery will keep you from undue indolence in pursuit of your goal. Close your eyes, even, and try to visualize the direction of your work, and start asking some searching questions about what is going on in your book and where you'd like it to go. (I took the preceding as a paraphrase from The Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide: How To Give and Receive Feedback, Self-edit, and Make Revisions by Becky Levine.) This brings me to another tip: Have you thought about joining or forming a writing group? Sometimes that feedback from other people is just what we need to get moving again. Your local bookstore is a good place to start looking for a writing/critique group. Be kind to yourself, and see if you can cultivate a knack for sleeping at night.
ZubinBetta is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
WolfHhowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Carrolltown Pa In good old cambria county
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
dont be alarmed one bit, certain crazy people cant distinguish if they're sane or insane at all. if the individual only knows certain pattern thoughts then they'd assume it normal regadless of others.

i believe the saying goes, the insane person isnt capable of truly distiguishing if they're mentally sane (or something along those lines.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZubinBetta View Post
Hi WolfHhowling, are you writing a novel? I have just started revisions on a short story, and I love books on writing--the only problem I have is in setting them down and...writing! I ran into (what I believe is) some good advice in one of them just yesterday: When doing revisions, try to get away from the computer and away from your manuscript, and sit with your pen and your journal/notebook in a chair you don't usually associate with writing, and really take a look (with the mind's eye) at what you have in your pages. The slight change in scenery will keep you from undue indolence in pursuit of your goal. Close your eyes, even, and try to visualize the direction of your work, and start asking some searching questions about what is going on in your book and where you'd like it to go. (I took the preceding as a paraphrase from The Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide: How To Give and Receive Feedback, Self-edit, and Make Revisions by Becky Levine.) This brings me to another tip: Have you thought about joining or forming a writing group? Sometimes that feedback from other people is just what we need to get moving again. Your local bookstore is a good place to start looking for a writing/critique group. Be kind to yourself, and see if you can cultivate a knack for sleeping at night.
I heard that saying... your only insane when you stop asking yourself if you have gone crazy.


Thanks for the tip. I have a laptop, so maybe a change in my surroundings might help. I have over 150 books started but no end in sight. I barely ever get past page 30. I hardly even tell the story past the beginning half the time... which sucks.


5gallon, One male betta
10 gallon, full of baby fry/ one baby betta
34 gallon:2 peppered corydoras, 2 upside down catfish, 2 cherry barbs, two danio's, 2 platy's, 2 high fin platys, 2 red swords, 2 angelfish, 1 dwarf Gourami, 3 black skirts, two diamond tetra's and 2 gold Gourami.
And going to get, 2 cory cats


WolfHhowling is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 387
Eh being sane is overrated, I didn't fall off the deep end.....I did a jackknife into a swandive! XD

I talk to myself aloud often, and answer myself even more so. But then I often find myself to be the best person to hold a conversation with myself, especially when I'm the one doing the talking.
thekinetic is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
WolfHhowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Carrolltown Pa In good old cambria county
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Eh being sane is overrated, I didn't fall off the deep end.....I did a jackknife into a swandive! XD

I talk to myself aloud often, and answer myself even more so. But then I often find myself to be the best person to hold a conversation with myself, especially when I'm the one doing the talking.
I find the second best "person" to talk to is your fishes. They are such good listeners lol


5gallon, One male betta
10 gallon, full of baby fry/ one baby betta
34 gallon:2 peppered corydoras, 2 upside down catfish, 2 cherry barbs, two danio's, 2 platy's, 2 high fin platys, 2 red swords, 2 angelfish, 1 dwarf Gourami, 3 black skirts, two diamond tetra's and 2 gold Gourami.
And going to get, 2 cory cats


WolfHhowling is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 387
Yup, and I do talk to my pets they're such sweeties! :3
thekinetic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remember the Wal-Mart insanity from last week? demonr6 Betta Chat 12 01-26-2011 10:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome