-rant time- =D
I work at Walmart. Walmart's quote: "respect for the individual."
rumors in my area:
1. we are lazy. (someone singling another out, or a group out)
2. we make up deaths for attention (my friend's best friend, and another friend died; my sister in law died)
3. someone's boyfriend is an alcoholic and beats her
4. we don't know our jobs
5. we always leave messes, and a full rack of clothes
6. the younger ones start the rumors
7. takes our entire shift to do an "easy" job (me folding and fixing all the jeans... btw over hundreds and hundreds not in the right spots!)
8. someone hates another person
9. we stand around for hours and hours talking to friends and family
10. if our friend(s) are near us they aren't shopping - they're talking.
There were 2 more..... that is what I have to deal with, with OLDER people. So today I am writing a lovely note, (and making copies), and giving it to each person in my area AND THE MANAGER(s). I'll make it nice, no singling out, no offending, but basically saying "you're grown up - THIS has to STOP". because I AM TRANSFERING and another person is quiting especially because of the "we make up deaths of our friends and family" part, and especially about accusations of our loved ones. people we know are ALLOWED to shop. so what if they are in the clothing area? should we tell them "sorry I work here - get out!"??? THAT is called rude. When someone we know dies from numerous problems or in a car accident, or gets MURDERED, are we supposed to just say "meh everyone dies" and do a FANTASTIC job at work like nothing happened? I couldn't work for a week, when my sister-in-law, basically my BEST FRIEND, died. my coworker couldn't focus because her friend died - and then later another friend died, and she was in the manager's office, letting it out.
Just because we're young, doesn't mean we're made of stone. we have blood, we have emotions, and we sure as heck don't need to be pushed around by some old coot who needs to grow up!
>.> I feel better.
Breed for the breed, not for the money; the words any REAL breeder would understand.
You must know nothing in order to know all, for all is nothing and nothing is for all.