Rant thread - Page 1519 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree655Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15181 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Rant I dont know who to believe about emperor tetra.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15182 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Member
 
ThePearlFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 507
Small rant, I thought my friend was gonna come earlier today to visit for a few hours, not a 7pm the night before a work night. Especially when my BF has to be at work early tomorrow so he needs to go to bed earlier... I feel like we are expected to work around her schedule or something..

~TPF

1 Doberman Mix: Emmy, 2 DSH Cats: Rowan & Jacob, 1 Bearded Dragon: Rainier (aka Mista Lizad Man), 1 Eastern Box Turtle: Greta, Two 5g tanks: Alchemy (Halfmoon) and Custard (Yellow VT)
ThePearlFish is offline  
post #15183 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 107
My husband wants a snake. Fine. I am so disgusted by pet store corporate greed that I was hoping we could adopt a snake. We went to a pet expo yesterday and the reptile rescue booth had no critters available for adoption -- they were just "showing what they do." Uh, okay. That's helpful. The state herp society booth had a few snakes available for adoption, but, oh, they only adopt to members. I have no problem paying to adopt, but I don't necessarily want to be a member of your organization -- I just want to give a snake a good home! I especially found it funny after they complained about having, like, 5,000 ball pythons.
Jessiefish is offline  
post #15184 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Member
 
ThePearlFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
My husband wants a snake. Fine. I am so disgusted by pet store corporate greed that I was hoping we could adopt a snake. We went to a pet expo yesterday and the reptile rescue booth had no critters available for adoption -- they were just "showing what they do." Uh, okay. That's helpful. The state herp society booth had a few snakes available for adoption, but, oh, they only adopt to members. I have no problem paying to adopt, but I don't necessarily want to be a member of your organization -- I just want to give a snake a good home! I especially found it funny after they complained about having, like, 5,000 ball pythons.
That sucks, you would think they'd want to give the snakes a safe responsible home and reduce their load (aka reduction of operating costs) than keeping and acquiring more animals and spending more to maintain them :/...

I want a snake, but BF says no way, he doesn't like them :(.

~TPF

1 Doberman Mix: Emmy, 2 DSH Cats: Rowan & Jacob, 1 Bearded Dragon: Rainier (aka Mista Lizad Man), 1 Eastern Box Turtle: Greta, Two 5g tanks: Alchemy (Halfmoon) and Custard (Yellow VT)
ThePearlFish is offline  
post #15185 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
I would complain if you want them to adopt out they should just have a small fee and make sure they have a good home I mean being a member you probably have to pay to be a member it seems like nom-profit organizations are making a fortune.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
post #15186 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I want a snake, but BF says no way, he doesn't like them :(.
Wow that's a first that I ever heard a women wanted a snake but the guy didn't! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I would complain if you want them to adopt out they should just have a small fee and make sure they have a good home I mean being a member you probably have to pay to be a member it seems like nom-profit organizations are making a fortune.
I know right but I guess it must go to feed and house the animals. Though I'm almost sure they pocket a bit too.
thekinetic is offline  
post #15187 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 107
They said the membership was $20 a year and they adopt to members for $20, but said they would charge $60 for a membership + adoption if we went through with it yesterday. I'm not sure where the extra $20 came from.
Jessiefish is offline  
post #15188 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Member
 
ThePearlFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Wow that's a first that I ever heard a women wanted a snake but the guy didn't! :D

I am completely animal crazy, who knows where that came from. I have the two reptiles in my siggy.

~TPF

1 Doberman Mix: Emmy, 2 DSH Cats: Rowan & Jacob, 1 Bearded Dragon: Rainier (aka Mista Lizad Man), 1 Eastern Box Turtle: Greta, Two 5g tanks: Alchemy (Halfmoon) and Custard (Yellow VT)
ThePearlFish is offline  
post #15189 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 387
Oh don't get me wrong snakes are adorable, I think it's either the eyes or their little flicking tongue! :3
thekinetic is offline  
post #15190 of 23881 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
They said the membership was $20 a year and they adopt to members for $20, but said they would charge $60 for a membership + adoption if we went through with it yesterday. I'm not sure where the extra $20 came from.
That sounds cheaper done they cost more at other places.
ChoclateBetta is offline  
Reply

Tags
bettathanyou

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant! Alexanderismylife Betta Chat 7 07-01-2010 02:17 PM
Rant CodeRed The Lounge 15 06-15-2010 08:17 PM
OMG I can't take this anymore *A Rant* Zenandra The Lounge 4 06-11-2010 04:47 PM
Arg! (A rant) vaygirl The Lounge 7 06-09-2010 08:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome