Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta
I need some friendly encouragement. I am having some issues with low confidence and anxiety about having a job again. I don't know what to do. First off. my husband is no help because when I talk to him about having no confidence all he does is yells at me. He doesn't understand how I feel. I have so many thoughts running through my head it's breaking my heart.
1. What if going back to work causes me to get bad grades, I only have four weeks left to school.
2. I saw my old manager today which is the reason I quit this place to begin with. She laughed at me because I was not hired in as a manager like I was the first time. I chose not to be in management. But she made me feel an inch big and I had to smile at the woman and that about killed me.
3. I found out the new manager I have now is trying to transfer to another store already and I am upset. I am almost afraid that my bad luck will run out and my old manager that tortured me will come back.
4. I don't feel like I am doing anything right. I feel like I am a screw up and worth nothing.
5. My sister in law's baby is coming on the fifth and she is mad that Her husband isn't taking the day off and that my husband isn't taking the day off and I am not taking the day off. She doesn't seem to get that me and my husband can't because it isn't an emergency. She isn't being reasonable.
I don't know what to do to calm these fears and thoughts. It is killing me. I just wish I felt good about myself again because my confidence is so low my stuttering is coming back. It's making me look like an idiot at work with the customers. I don't know what to do. I can't talk to my husband about it because he doesn't get it. I can't talk to my mother about it because she will just tell me to quit and play the poor baby game with me. I have no friends, you guys are it. I am pathetic.
I am having a lot of similar thoughts right now, minus the mean manager and sister part.
I have very low self confidence and anxiety and anytime I try to talk about it with my BF he just doesn't get it and gets mad at me too. Problem is, he is PART of why my self-image is kinda sucky right now :( I wish someone could mediate between us sometimes cus I just have no clue when I am doing something wrong or I dunno how to explain things to him :(. Maybe it IS all my fault, the majority of miscommunications between us. I don't know!
(well, you know how how it is, we are the same in many ways)
I am feeling so Apathetic lately, I don't know if it is a defense mechanism or my views on everything are actually changing? I feel like a completely different person lately.
I too need to get a job soon, and the calculus coming up that I have to take is freaking me out cus that is my anxiety provoking class and to get a job along with that? I dunno.. I can't fail. I have to be the perfect person. I cannot AFFORD to be anything less right now.. >.>
Oh, and don't forget that I can't seem to do anything right either.. I wish I could go baack and redo so many things over the last 4 yrs...
If it was my relative, I'd prolly try to be there for them if they are having a child, but I understand circumstances cannot always work as planned, and sometimes we just have to make the best of the situation. I am sure your sister is scared so she is taking it out on you. Not the best thing for you to deal with, but it's human to be mean to the ones closest to us............
I have no friends too.. I feel like the most pathetic person on earth..
If you have FB, we should become FB friends Shirley.. >.> We could vent all the time and cry together..