Dog experts, please come here!
I need your help with something and I'd rather have advice and help and no criticisms.
6 months ago we adopted a puppy from the local humane society. After having him for 4 days, we felt like he wasn't a fit for us and we returned him. A few days later we received a call from the humane society telling us the puppy was sick (I think they said Parvo, but I am NOT 100% sure. I tried calling them and they aren't answering at the moment). There is no way that this pup got it from here because we have never had a dog in or around this house since we moved in. I'm pretty sure it got sick at the humane society. Since I'm not sure if it was Parvo or not, I've been acting like it is. Now, when the dog was here for the short time, every time he pooped I cleaned it up into a bag and threw it in the trash. He was not allowed on the furniture and spent 99% of the time in the living room and kitchen. I've been taking extreme measures to clean the house. I have thoroughly bleached my floors, every inch of carpet, rugs, the bottom of ALL of our shoes, and I bleached the entire yard, driveway, walkway, porch, deck. I did all of this recently.
Since it has been 6 months and I did lots of bleach cleaning, I've been looking into adopting a dog. I didn't want a puppy this time around, because they need a TON more attention and training then an older dog.
I am interested in a 2 year old dog that is UTD on all shots and preventative care. She is NOT coming from the humane society where we got the puppy.
I was wondering would it be safe to introduce this dog into my home after the 6 month waiting period, that she is older, and that I have bleached anything that has been in contact with that puppy (and not knowing if it was Parvo or not)?
Once again, please no harsh words are needed. Thank you to anyone that can help. :)