Join Date: May 2012
Location: East Tennessee, USA
Living on campus wasn't right for me for a lot of reasons.
1. No money. I barely had enough to pay for tuition, when I'm renting this place for free.
2. About 12 pet enclosures, some quite large like the 55g and rat cage.
3. I have a husband, and family housing was even more expensive than regular dorm housing.
4. I'm generally more anti-social. If I did live on campus for socializing, it would only be to see two or three people.
5. I just don't like campus housing or food. xD
But, I realize most people aren't in that situation. If I still had lived with my parents, I would have fought tooth and nail to get to live on campus. Do what makes you happy! :D My advice is to stay on top of deadlines and be dedicated to what you're doing. And then I know you'll do fine in college.
Oh, I'd like to rant some more about something that's bothering me. Gas prices. I know it's stereotypical, but if I drove any other car than what I have, I would be unable to get my education. For example, the car I had before this one got 18mpg. That would be $50 a week. We're really poor and can't pay that much for gas. I drive 225 miles (exactly) a week ONLY FOR SCHOOL. (I live in nowhere.) Luckily, the car I drive now gets around 40mpg. I could get more if I drove the same car but manual instead of automatic, but I haven't learned yet.
You will always be my best friend, .