Dragons? Mythical beings? Your opinion? - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
BettaMommy531rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 302
Wow I didn't expect such a flood of response! This is great. I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions. :)
P.S.: Thanks for the av comment Silverfang, I luv it too. :)

I like bettas. Why would I be here if I didn't?
Shimmer- VT Girl- 1 gal vase (temporary)
Pretty Boy- CT Boy- R.I.P
Jasper- CT Boy- R.I.P
Deluge- Delta Tail Boy- R.I.P
My favorite aquatic plant is...the...marimo...MOSS BALL!!!
BettaMommy531rip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 239
I wish that Dragons were real. I believe that long ago something like a dragon probably existed. I believe there are lots of creatures on this planet that we have yet to discover and some of them might be a little more fantasy like than others.

Does anyone remember the show that they hyped up that was called "Dragons are real" or something like that... but the whole thing turned out to be a "Mochumentary" They played it up like they had found dragon fossils and such and I honestly thought it was true and I was so excited. I watched the show and was so crushed. I think I may have actually cried... It was on when I was in school (A very long time ago) so some of you younger folk might not remember it. Yeah. I would love to have Dragons (the friendlier kind anyways, :P ) and Unicorns and such. I would love to live inside many stories I read. I don't belong in this world!

~Mandi~
Shruikan - Black Orchid CT male Spyro - Copper Salamander HMPK male
Glaedr - Yellow Dragon PK male Thorn - Red Dragon PK male
Tornac - Blue Butterfly DeT male Eridor - Blue Dragon Marble DT male
Sparx - Female Salamander HMPK female!!!!!!
Sorority - Nugget, Cynder, Pina, Nymph, and Minerva
Felines: Brutus Beefcake, Yngwie Malmsteen, Rosalie, and Mia
MandiceP is offline  
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
I wish that Dragons were real. I believe that long ago something like a dragon probably existed. I believe there are lots of creatures on this planet that we have yet to discover and some of them might be a little more fantasy like than others.

Does anyone remember the show that they hyped up that was called "Dragons are real" or something like that... but the whole thing turned out to be a "Mochumentary" They played it up like they had found dragon fossils and such and I honestly thought it was true and I was so excited. I watched the show and was so crushed. I think I may have actually cried... It was on when I was in school (A very long time ago) so some of you younger folk might not remember it. Yeah. I would love to have Dragons (the friendlier kind anyways, :P ) and Unicorns and such. I would love to live inside many stories I read. I don't belong in this world!
I believe that as well. I think it's is where we get the idea of dragons and then the imagination takes over into a dragon form that can blow fire and such.

The results are in!
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....74#post1194774
EVERYONE GO COMMENT AND POST YOUR RESPONSES TO IT!!



VIEW MY AUCTIONS- MY AUCTIONS
bettalover2033 is offline  
post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 AM
New Member
 
MandiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 239
A lot of Dragon history comes from Japanese and Chinese culture too. It's interesting. I don't know too much so I'm not going to say much else but I know they have beliefs of the existence of dragons and such once upon a time. Would be cool to do more research on it.

I used to enjoy drawing dragons quite a bit. Here was one of my best...


Horrible pic quality I know, lol, but I drew it after a picture I saw on the internet. I should start drawing them again! LOL

~Mandi~
Shruikan - Black Orchid CT male Spyro - Copper Salamander HMPK male
Glaedr - Yellow Dragon PK male Thorn - Red Dragon PK male
Tornac - Blue Butterfly DeT male Eridor - Blue Dragon Marble DT male
Sparx - Female Salamander HMPK female!!!!!!
Sorority - Nugget, Cynder, Pina, Nymph, and Minerva
Felines: Brutus Beefcake, Yngwie Malmsteen, Rosalie, and Mia

Last edited by MandiceP; 02-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.
MandiceP is offline  
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
A lot of Dragon history comes from Japanese and Chinese culture too. It's interesting. I don't know too much so I'm not going to say much else but I know they have beliefs of the existence of dragons and such once upon a time. Would be cool to do more research on it.

I used to enjoy drawing dragons quite a bit. Here was one of my best...


Horrible pic quality I know, lol, but I drew it after a picture I saw on the internet. I should start drawing them again! LOL
I draw them too! I can't see the picture at the moment since I'm in school, but I will take a look at it once I get home. Unless you want to go through the trouble of putting it as an attached picture.

I will post a few of my draon drawings I did when I was about 11 or 12...and then new recent drawings of two I did. I could pm you because I'm worried that we might get a little carried away lol. I stopped drawing them for a while before, but wanted to see if I still "got it".

The results are in!
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....74#post1194774
EVERYONE GO COMMENT AND POST YOUR RESPONSES TO IT!!



VIEW MY AUCTIONS- MY AUCTIONS
bettalover2033 is offline  
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
BettaMommy531rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 302
Ooooh! I want to see, both of your pictures! Feel free to post them on here, or PM me. I made this thread just for that purpose practically. Show please! :)

I like bettas. Why would I be here if I didn't?
Shimmer- VT Girl- 1 gal vase (temporary)
Pretty Boy- CT Boy- R.I.P
Jasper- CT Boy- R.I.P
Deluge- Delta Tail Boy- R.I.P
My favorite aquatic plant is...the...marimo...MOSS BALL!!!
BettaMommy531rip is offline  
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 6,408
Well if you wouldn't mind I would be VERY happy to post my drawings of dragons here.

I was actually looking to see a section that would be at least a technical acception to my dragon art. I a, looking forward to this!

As soon as I get home I will gladly post them also if I can find my other drawing book that I did which had my other dragon art in it from when I was younger. I actually sketch so it is a lot lighter than usual dragon art you might see. I have a harder time with coloring since it is just the conflict of my logic and creative sides saying two opposite things at once.

I have a logical one saying that dragons are supposed to be a grey, blue, steel, red color sometimes with an acception or yellow, and the creative saying that they aren't real so they would be any color imaginable!

Heh, the life of choices can be a tough one even though we all live it every second your making a choice.

The results are in!
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....74#post1194774
EVERYONE GO COMMENT AND POST YOUR RESPONSES TO IT!!



VIEW MY AUCTIONS- MY AUCTIONS
bettalover2033 is offline  
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,949
I believe in ghost, one of the reasons being sooooo many people get photos, EVPs, and video of spirits, theres even shows about people finding them. My mom used to work at a haunted mansion called the James lick mansion that helped make me believe in spirits.

I really love the show destination truth, I feel that what they're filming is real and it's amazing. I think they've found proof of the Himalayan yeti. They got foot prints in the first episode, foot print tracts in the snow in the second, and also in the second ep they got a hair sample that was tested as ape hair.

Because the world has been explored people think everything is discovered when new animals are discovered every year, a unknown creature is not too far fetched. :)

Elrohir the plakat

Galah cockatoo & African Grey
copperarabian is offline  
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I draw them too! I can't see the picture at the moment since I'm in school, but I will take a look at it once I get home. Unless you want to go through the trouble of putting it as an attached picture.

I will post a few of my draon drawings I did when I was about 11 or 12...and then new recent drawings of two I did. I could pm you because I'm worried that we might get a little carried away lol. I stopped drawing them for a while before, but wanted to see if I still "got it".
Wow, now that is amazing! I thought mine were good, but you're drawing is amazing. I only draw dragon heads and then add a bunch of detail, but haven't got around to it lately. I also drew a cartoon dolphin and cute little elephant!

The results are in!
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....74#post1194774
EVERYONE GO COMMENT AND POST YOUR RESPONSES TO IT!!



VIEW MY AUCTIONS- MY AUCTIONS
bettalover2033 is offline  
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Member
 
Silverfang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 2,692
don't have any drawings... but I do have some cross stitch pieces you guys might find interesting
Silverfang is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dragons Den or what? lol BettaHeart Betta Chat 8 10-04-2011 06:08 PM
Dragons MMAsac Betta Chat 3 08-12-2011 05:43 PM
Dragons PitGurl Betta Chat 1 05-15-2011 01:09 AM
Dragons xswornxoffxjello Betta Chat 2 07-21-2010 09:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome