Betta Fish Forum banner

HI!!!!!!!

3K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
I know I'm not new but HI! Let me tell you a little about me. I have 1 betta named Perry (I made her a star here). I still live with my mom. My favorite singer (I like a lot of singers). I like Kelly Clarkson, Maroon 5, CARLY RAE JEPSEN, Ke$ha, Owl City, Bruno Mars, Flo Rida, Psy, and like 1,000,000 more... I have 1 brother. I also have 5 goldfish named Fisheiy, Fishey, Fishieeyy, Fishi, and Fishiy (all pronounced fishy.) Here's how I tell the difference in the names: The longest fish has the most letters. So the longest is Fishieeyy. The shortest is Fishi. The second shortest is Fishiy. The third shortest is Fishey. And so on. My favorite food is sushi. My favorite animal is a dog. My favorite breed of dog is German shepherd. I can name a lot of dog breeds. German shepherd, Border collie, Beagle, Golden retriever, Shih tzu, Akita inu, Poodle, Badger dog (Dachshund), Chihuahua, Malamute, Boxer, Pug, Bulldog, Puggle, Terriers, Setters, Hounds, I can name more I just can't think right now.

#7 ·
The recommended goldfish stocking for a 40 gallon is a single fancy, 20 additional gallons for each additional fish. Commons/comets need to be kept in ponds, pretty much. I have one Comet goldfish that I got before I knew this, and she now has a 55g as it is the best I could do for her.

#8 ·
No offense but 55 is too small for a comet they grow 12 to 14 inches. Right now I am trying to convince my dad to let me get rid of the comet goldfish in th 30 gal and find it a good home. And replace it with WCMM.

#9 ·
@ChoclateBetta: What about those ones with the humongous eyes on the top of their heads.... celestials, maybe? (I hate forgetting things)
I was thinking of a backyard fountain kinda thing. How big would it have to be, do you think? And do you think a mirror in the bottom would be really bad? Probably, huh? Too much reflected sunlight?

#11 ·
Unless you live in a warm place (water can't fall under 70F for fancies), you wouldn't be able to keep them in a pond year round (unless you get a pond heater). You'd have to keep comets outdoors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.