Betta Fish Forum banner

Where does evereybody get snails?!?!?!

4K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Tikibirds 
#1 ·
Hello people, Saphira here. :p
WHERE do you all get your snails? I have seen some mystery snails at petsmart, but that's it. where do you guys find your ramshorn/apple snails? do you buy them, or are they just hanging out on the plants from the pet stores? I want to get some locally for free/cheap/on plants to put with my bettas or in my tropical community.

Thank you, ~Saphira :)

#31 ·
We got our original pond snails from a local lake. they're just about everywhere!

We have Ramshorns, mystery snails, a horned nerite, and Malaysian trumpets that we got from our local privately owned fish store. These are the feeder colony for my assassin.

I pulled my trapdoor out of the same lake that we got our ponds from.

#32 ·
*whispers* I took 2 out of a lake and ended up with like 50.

2 rabbit snails I got from a member on here, the tiger nerite I got off ebay when I ordered my plecos and the Japanese Trapdoor snails - I took from a local lake. 1 black mystery snail I got from petco which was NOT ht eone I wanted. I wanted an ivory colored one because I had dark blue substrate but the idiot said all snails are the same so take this one. i was NOT a happy customer with his attitude

#34 ·
I see them at Petco.... and when I am out on my boat...
Pebble Island is calling my name!

#35 ·
I might get some snails tonight. I don't know, all I know is that I will be visiting Petco in hopes of getting my $15 back for poor little Meow who passed this morning from not eating for like ever.
I am going to get one snail and one beta fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.