Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Nerites are certainly the best snail to buy if you've got an algae problem.
1. They're absolutely adorable
2. They don't breed in freshwater
3. They're non-aggressive
4. 5 Nerites in a 10 gallon tank coated with algae will clean it up in about a week
5. Nerites are just....too....flippin....cute.....(you should see their teeny lil faces! And their eye stalks? FREAKING ADORABLE)
6. Nerites may poo a bit but not so much as to really pollute the tank
7. Nerites will nom the algae off plants but not eat the plants themselves (though sometimes they can't resist a nibble of water sprite or anacharis, but give them a break....they do so much for you, they deserve a treat ;)
AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAH anyway just get a Nerite snail. I don't know, but I have a good feeling about them. They're just too awesome to describe. I almost love them more than bettas :O
7 bettas, 2 goldfish, 50+ (accidental) snails, 2 parakeets, 1 dog, 2 cats
Rest in peace Butch, greatest dog ever, Omelette the Veiltail, and Chipita the Veiltail