I'm not sure if I'm being a worry pot here, but one of my goldfish has developed a little black spot on his lip, and I'm not sure if this is normal. I've only been changing his water once a fortnight because each time the water's been really clean, but now I'm not sure if this has triggered it.
His health and appetite are normal, and there are no other markings on him (In fact he's in really good condition). I've included a picture of his marked lip.
I can't get a testing kit before Thursday. If it is ammonia what would be the best plan of action?
Thanks for the quick reply (I Only posted thread a moment ago)
If it is an ammonia problem, I would do more frequent water changes...If you are only changing the water every once in a while, I would change your schedule to 2 50% water changes per week. If it is an ammonia burn, they usually heal like scabs in clean water, so it most likely won't be permanent damage...