Hello all! I was supposed to move in the summer, but now I'm not. Do you know what that means?!?! I CAN START MY 30 GALLON COMMUNITY TANK NOW!!!
I am so excited. We get the tank from my aunt this weekend after giving Hannibal, my goldfish, to my aunt for a better home. We will also be getting the filter(s), heater, gravel, a new master test kit, plant nutritives, a new heater for my Betta tank, and lots of decorations! This is my stocking plan:
8-12 Bloodfin Tetras
4 Mystery Snails
4-8 Ghost Shrimp
1 Pearl/Dwarf Gourami (hopefully a Pearl)
I am aiming for a Greek theme in my tank, so I will be getting decorations before starting much. This is my master plan (Note: everything that will be bought will be in a QT tank for two weeks) :
1. Get the tank set up empty and plant-less, run it for two weeks empty to judge the quality of the products.
2. Buy four plants, buy two snails.
3. Two weeks later: buy four plants, buy two snails.
4. Two weeks later: buy four plants, buy two shrimp.
5. Two weeks later: buy four plants, buy two shrimp.
6. Two weeks later: buy 6 Otocinclus, QT for two weeks, add to tank if healthy.
7. Two weeks later: buy 4-6 Bloodfin Tetras, QT for two weeks, add to tank if healthy.
8. Two weeks later: buy 4-6 Bloodfin Tetras, QT for two weeks, add to tank if healthy.
9. Two weeks later: buy Gourami, QT for two weeks, add to tank if healthy.
I was also thinking I MIGHT put in a female Betta. But I still need to do a LOT of research on the Gourami before I think of adding an aggressive fish like that. I am a COMPLETE noob at this kind of tank, so if you see something that seems even the SLIGHTEST BIT iffy, please let me know!
Oh, and the reason I'm adding so many plants and so many bottom feeders like snails and shrimp at one time is to not mess up the bioload of the tank and to let the plants have plenty of time to grow out.
What kind of filter and heater do you suggest? I can only go to Paulmac's Pet Store and PetSmart.
Thank you sosososo much to anyone and everyone who replies!
55 Gallon: Crowley: Melanoid Axolotl; Mischa: Melanoid Axolotl; Achlys: Albino Axolotl; Eddard Stark: Leucistic Axolotl
Furry Friends: Daisy and Holly: Dogs; Norman and August: Cats; Gilbert and Mordecai: Guinea Pigs